Chapter (8) They Walked

After my outburst I started to think I may have gone to far. Or fail at my threatening accusation which I don't have the nerve to actually do.

I now doubt we will ever see eye to eye, and he might not even care. If he goes down with us, but I care, I want more then anything to see my parents again no matter how much hardship I may face from them.

Just when I about to gavel some more accusation. The door creaks opened, in the doorway the boy stood a few inches taller looking pretty piss off and annoyed. He swift his eyes to me than Jen than back on me.

He closed his eyes, hold it for a good minute or so than opened it looking more irritated then he was already. His light brown eyes was glaring at me as he said in a hard tone,  "one night, leave at sunrise, food and drinks that  you see in this house is off limits, no going upstairs"

I was a little shock at how he applied those words but unfortunately, i understand why he said what he said. I managed to keep my cool and said. "deal.

"one more thing if one of you think this is a game an cause those. To notice any activity in this house don't think for a second that I wouldn't sacrifice two immature kids to survive.

I can almost taste the venom in those words.

" we're not newbies at this, nor suicidal, I said with a roll of an eye while pushing pass to get inside.

Jen stumbled behind, head still down (she must have put it back down after this boy opened the door).

We perceiveded to clear plastic covering the biggest couch. We place our luggage which is so important for us to survive in front of us as we sat.

"what, how you thought, threatening him would work?, Jen whisper on the side of me after being aware of our patron vanishing act.

"it just came to me, out of nowhere, I know I had to think of something fast. For us so I made a bet if it would work or not, I told jen not focusing on her but at thick curtains spread around the front part of the house.

No other protection in place, this detail worries me. "do you think, he hates us for what we done? Was it the right decision jen sounds in her quiet voice head hung down again.

I can tell she's worried, fretting about the plan I made without running it by her first. Even if it was our best bet, still. 

I should not have done that to her because, we're a team of two with much to lose if we're not in the same wavelength.

"yeah, I'm sure he hates us who can blame him. But this is not the time or, world for friend making, we are here to survive, until we can get back home, if we can go back home I said grabbing hold of jen hand giving it a light squeeze.

"okay mel.

It wasn't long before night hit us, darkness casting monsters afoot. We huddled deep into the couch holding each other.

We had not moved from this spot from we came in hours ago. And no It does not involve listening to what that "quote" boy said.

Why, was because I did not wanted to leave jen side inside this, big house with a stranger Or strangers amiss. Who knows how he will try to get back at us for imposing forceful entre in and for using threaten accusation.

And, I guess we were tried from all that walking today, also.

The light rustling noise upstairs and feint  footsteps I heard. Didn't drought on for long as dark barely visible shadows form on thick curtains in our line of view.

A gulp drained slowly in my throat, nerves get the better of me. As I started to get scared, more then normal, it wasn't because of our new environment.

Reason being is that we didn't check inside this house fully yet not even outside. We hadn't left the front room since we got here, we don't even know if it secure enough. I guess it, feels strange to me, not doing a thorough investigation.

Something I kinda used to doing, and like doing so. Hate to admit it but it's the truth.

"mel, I have to use t,the bathroom

" I know I been holding it in for a while to, we whisper quietly about our ordeal.

"let's check for one, together I say in a shaky  tone as Jen hold onto my left shoulders. Tiptoeing around in the dark we move. we were extra careful with walking up the stairs after we searched down first. All entrance was closed or boarded. Thankfully.

But finding no bathroom downstairs.

Weirdly, there were no crackling of the woods underneath us. Or from pipes around only, outside which starts to get louder, loud deep sounds of mumbling, grumbling, crunching and, La,laughter rains out.

Some sounding way to close for comfort.
Our eyes were adjusting well because the moon outside and stars that were closer than normal.

And bigger. The first time I saw how big the stars and moon his getting from our first night here. was a week ago when I sneak a peek, parting the blinds just a tad, all this while Jen was asleep.

It was especially terrifying because of my thoughts (is everything in this place absolutely unbelievable abnormal, does that means it's impossible to get back home should we give up hope, I want to) it was just a thought I kept to myself.

There upon us a feint yollowish glow a few doors down shines after we made it to the second floor. Jen grips tighten around my arm while the glow got brighter as we close in on it.

"w, wait Mel, there Jen points to what looks like a bathroom. It was still a little dark to see.

"okay you go first I watch the door with my back turned I answer my focus still on that feint yollowish glow.