chapter (4) trip

The thing about fear, is. it causes our bodies to react in certain ways. Our minds would respond differently from our body reaction. Causing us to make spit second decision in a short time frame. One that might get you kill by putting up a fight, screaming loudly, freaking out loudly.

Or survive by hiding, running away from the threat, or by freezing up peeping at something scary.

my decision was to freeze up I assume jen mind had the same rational reaction.

Our minds is observing what was obviously happening around us. Building a wall to help us not to lure the . . . Monster's . . . that will come for us . . . To tear us limb from limb or worse like during a horror scene in a movie on TV.

Jen and I had the opportunity to sneak a peak at every chance we got. That is whenever a careless babysitter came to either Jen or my  house. I guess that's one thing we have in common . . . No, sorry another thing we have in common considering our misfortune in parents.

In a sitting position facing the small window. We sat paralyzed in fear while we try to keep the footstep noise of our nightmares out of our minds. We stayed like that almost all  night until sleep came to us halfway through the night.

That was our first encounter, our first experience with the calamitous. It seems that's what they were call we saw it written on houses,streets,sidewalks I think the name was suitable because that's what they will inflict on you if you caught by them.

A few more miles later exhausted from the journey of finding a new settlement. We were so in diet need of, we pass so many destroy homes it almost made us lose hope. Hope, having hope was keeping us going and to help us stay focus on our goal.

Maybe we was just keeping ourselves detracted while our mind leads us on a path that won't get us kill. Like auto polite

"Wait! Jen say out loud.

I stop in my tracks, "what something wrong i inquire quickly alert for any potential danger that might be lucking nearby.

"There, jen shout out as she points her index finger which i follow with my eyes to what looks like a non destroy home a big one in fact.

I let out a sign of relif. "Next time give me a little heads up before you shout i said easing my tense face back to stoic.

"Sorry, my bad, jen shrug crossing her arms

" . . . You thinking we should go take a look at the house?

"Well yeah, i mean the sun already in the middel of the sky. We don,'t have anymore time to look and we still need to check the back of the house and inside to be sure jen said with a force detemined look that i can see right throught.

"Your right, let go check it out i say to jen in a upbeat tone to easy her worry, who was already walking towards the house.

We both examine the front porch trying to check every felt detail of the structure. The widespread porch persevered it's color from over the years. Dark brown that looks a little like dark blue paint, there was no peeled paint, no rust, no mold it almost looks good as new! . . . Until we saw it again the strange paranormal exhibit in our line of view.

A chair stretched out on the ceiling of the spacious porch. Just a single chair everything else was on the ground like it should be, a small outdoor table, three more wooden chairs, a few potted plants, those dream catchers . . . Why was there so many of those?

"I check the back of the house first before we go inside, i call out to jen before i was on the move. I push weed out of my path with both my hands as i look throught windows, under the structrue, the backyard that had a rusty wooden shed in the far corner of the property which i didn't check.

I turn then gasps! at the glass entrance at the back entrance to the house. My mind overflows with questions, why? Why, wasn't the glass shattered? Why is there no broken pieces of the strutrue?. This house almost . . . No this house is as good as new like no one had step foot inside or around.

No i should not be worrying about this right now, not when time is moving faster then me. I hurry over to the glass than i pook my head to transparent refracters to take a peek inside.

Nothing but darkeness my oculus catch i move from the glass i movneuver myseft around a few outdoors chairs, and one huge outdeck table then off the back porch. i proceed to look up at a little of both sunny and couldy skies.

Okay, okay,  nothing to worry about it just means,
Its safe and that the calamitous didn't bother with this houes or wouldn't for some reason. I should be greatfull for this forstrees after having to walk so far. Lucky for us our water problem isn't such a big deal unlike food.

My eyes gone back to the window just in time to see a shadow pull back from the egde of the curtains inside the house. I blink one too three times before i make a weird face falling flat on my butt on tall grass that block my view. I kneel through the slighly high weed looking back at the window.

I get up after a few second after seeing no more movement than run as fast as my legs can carry back to the fronth of the house hoping to see jen waiting. For me like always but, she wasn't there, but the front door to the house was open.

I started to panic, my body started to shake my legs frooze up as i stand staring. My voice creaks it feels like bile was in my throat, but even so, i manage to let out a simple two letter word. "No.

I made a slow apprach to the open door i did not look down at our luggage as i pass by. I try to listen for any known sound but. Quieness came even the crickets that normally make noises was silent, everything esle was calm but i wasnt.

It always quiet in the daytime outside. Night is a diffierent story. There were no animal in this place, i mean this world.

If there was i would have heard them or see them by now but no, nothing. Maybe they were eating by those.

I stand in the doorway to let my eyes adjust i faintly call out for jen, no reply came i try again i was starting to get anxious. Along with paranord that there was somthing lurking, i start to question myseft. Did somthing take jen? Is she alright? Why isnt she answering me?, and who inhabit this house.

GETTING BETTER EVERYDAY, WHAT I KEEP TELLING MYSEFT