Chapter (6) lay It Out

"hey Jen let me see your English book, I left mine home I ask softly. " I haven't studied enough last night fall asleep Hal.......  She wasn't listening.

Still in a soft tone I asked. "hello!, I poke Jen right shoulder, "Jen.

The class goes silence all of a sudden so did I. I turn facing the front as the teacher begins to introduce the new kid to the whole class. As the new kid who stated his name was Ricky Jones tuill and other information no one seems to care or pay enough attention to.

Well, as much as Jen who was staring daggers into Ricky. With a smile strung on her face that to anyone else except me, would have found creepy. Her eyes were shining brightly.

Ricky was Jen first crush. It was quite obvious. To bad it didn't work out, he ended up dating a third year, in just two months of his entry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My expression turned sour. Now I was mad but not at Jen, the source was fuel towards this boy who looks a little older then us. I started to stare at also but with a detestable angry hostile feeling.

I blink than said in a good firm voice, "sorry we didn't know this place was occupied we will look elsewhere" with a roll of an eye.

I started to pull and tug on Jen arm to leave but before I can get her to move. "Wai...t, wait Mel maybe we can..... Ask to share this place until tomorrow or so" Jen says in a low tone shame and a little shock showed on her face.

Kowning that she just had embarrassed herself yet again with her staring fits.

As she tried to remove my hands from her arm not looking at my face.

Atleast she focus again I thought.

"well I glad to finally get a response from you" I said getting irritated. "and you only saying that because of him" I point my finger at the figure who was now sitting down not checking for or bothered about out argument. Well one that forming.

"please Mel let's not do this in front of... "
I cut off Jen words. "a boy I said in a low tone as I started to walk away. I didn't want to embarrassed Jen (further) or give away the (crush) that's if he hasn't already figured it out by her staring.

I know I shouldn't be mad or concerned my behavior should be helpful, Understanding, cooperative, considering. It suppose to be normal, a part of life to like someone, so I heard.

I just don't want to lose her, not to anyone let alone, a boy. If I do who else would I have (besides my parents). I can't lose her, alest not now. Not my best and only friend.

Picking up our luggage I sagg down the path to the road. I did not look behind me at an expression of worry or sadness. Maybe even angered on her face.

"Mel, wait please, I'm sorry I......

" it's fine, I understand I managed to let out.

"another crush?"  i ask lightly standing still.

After a few seconds Jen answer. "I, I'm not sure, what I feel, it might just be a sprung of the moment thing. " I mean come on you have to admit he was attractive completely different then any of the boys in our school.

"was he" I ask brow up not following.

"yes, he was, like movie star attractive Jen said blushing while facing the ground.

Well I didn't look good, and frankly didn't care how he look. What I worry about is making it out of here alive. With Jen by my side.

" so what now?, if you want I, guess we can find out together if he okay with us staying there for one night".  After what we just pulled I doubt it but I would try for Jen sake. "this place is too big for one person, that's if no one else is staying here to" i mused facing the road.

Hope everyone is enjoying so far