Chapter (10) Please Let Us Stay

I leave like I said after I gave our names just our first names to, kevin. closing the door behind me a tad. Blinking my eyes to adjust to the darkness again as I walked back to Jen than we Straggle down the stairs together slowly hand in hand.

We didn't talk about what i talk about with our patron. The second we sit back down our eyes shut closed like switching off a light with a click.

A little later into the night I awoken, it was still dark outside. I look on the side of me to find Jen light Breathing in a deep sleep.

I rub my eyes blink a few times looking around the very dark frontroom. Everything seems to be in order. Blinds across check, Jen by my side check, that horrible noise outside, ch, check. And a faint glow outside the window.

If I had not said it I saying it now, I hate how some lampose is shine light into the night and some don't cut on at all.
And some nights the huge big, bright moon is lid up the skies along with stars so high.

And sometimes you could bearly see the skies.

Or some times, we don't hear anything at all outside some nights. But we know, they are there watching, waiting hoping to find a dumb clueless kid or teen thinking the coast clear just to be devoured whole.

And now I added another thing to that list. A bobbing yellow light fleetly up and down. I got up moving rather so slowly towards it hoping not to fall into a trap by being trick by the monster outside.

When I reach standing on the side of the window on the other side of the house. I gently use my thumb to move the curtain slightly praying in my mind that it not a trap.

This would be my second time doing this.
My eyes shake with fear, as I look on seeing some of the tallest Calamitous I have ever seen why you ask? Well because of the fact that only their lower legs were showing.

They moved quickly, stopping for a moment towering over houses/homes/buildings. Than off they go again, why weren't they blending down to window view to peek inside places where their food would be hidden is beyond me.

No heavy noise I heard from them just simple thumping sounds. And grudgingly here and there.

I glance at street view for the light I saw a few seconds ago. I heard a faint voice singing the same voice I heard before "when darkness falls they come to crawl, to pick up one by one the lost".

"they came by two by three by four until they".

I couldn't move I was frozen in place, my breathing becomes uneven. My eyes were fixated on a small shadow moving slowly along the pavement cross the road.

The singing shadow leap a few feets ahead than stops than did it again. The yellowish glow sames to be from a flightlight bobbing about, I consider waking Jen up to show and tell but decided against it. I continue to look on until the shadow was out of view.