4

I don't think I've ever been happier before.

The date, as he calls it, went well. Better than I expected. I learned that he was about eight months older than me and that his birthday was on the 19th of July. I learned that he had an older brother and that they didn't talk to each other often. I was curious about why he seemed sort of upset when he talked about his family but I didn't ask about it. It's too early for that, I figured he might be uncomfortable.

I told him more about myself, too. I told him about my friends, I told him about dream, about George, about Tina, and some of the others, too.

Normally, I wouldn't be telling anyone about my personal life, but he also shared a lot about himself. I couldn't have just said nothing.

And I trust him. I don't know why, I just do.

I just met him and I barely know him, but I trust him with my life.

I hope I won't end up regretting that.

He makes me feel some sort of odd thing, I don't even know how to describe it. But I feel like my heart is being pulled out of my body brutally whenever I see him smile.

His voice almost sends my heart beating out of my chest, that's how odd it is. I sort of like the feeling.

-

"We're here." I said with a tired voice.

"Thanks," he yawned. His eyes were barely open and he looked sleepy, like his head was gonna hit the floor any moment now.

I stepped out of the car and ran to him, watching him struggle to get up. I slid my hand under his knees and picked him up bridal style.

"Is this okay?" I said quietly, barely above a whisper.

He nodded sleepily in response, I'm surprised he was even okay with it. He was as light as a feather, I truly wasn't expecting that.

I picked him up and he rested his head on my chest, wrapping his arms around my neck as I walked up the stairs with him in my arms.

I tried to walk as slowly and quietly as possible so I wouldn't startle him, though he was already awake.

He was wide awake and we both knew damn well, he was just trying to make me carry him up the stairs on purpose. I could feel him smirking against my shoulder. He was a tease, and it was one of the other million things I liked about him.

His eyes were closed but he was awake, I felt the rise and fall of his chest on mine which made me blush slightly.

I reached my hand out gently to his pocket and pulled out his keys, struggling to put the key inside the lock properly.

Once I did, he opened his eyes and moved his arms away, asking me to put him down, which I did.

"Will you be alright?" I asked.

"I'm not dying, I'm just sleepy." He laughs. "Thanks for carrying me up the stairs, by the way. You should be thanking me, it's great for your health." He joked, I rolled my eyes at him.

What an ass.

He looked at me up and down strangely for a second before cupping my jaw and getting on his toes to place a kiss on my forehead.

My eyes widened, his hands on my face made me feel so weird, I could have passed out right there, infront of his front door.

"thank you." He muttered quietly. I could feel my cheeks go red. He blushed, too. It wasn't something I was expecting from him, he was bold.

I took his right hand in mine and placed a kiss on it, not breaking eye contact, "it's a pleasure. I had fun."

"So did I." he grinned cockily before rubbing his eyes and switching back to his tired self. "Goodnight, nick. Text me when you get him."