Chapter Thirteen

Nico's second return to the overworld was met by yelling.

It had been about three, maybe four, days since Ian had planted the seed. Nico was just now able to talk to his friends. He had been planning with the Tentacle Monster and finally had a mission for the three.

When Nico faded into their world, he was in the corner of the house that the cave emerged around. He was standing in a hard, wooden chest, probably filled with materials. A crafting table was near him, and in the center of the room was Ian, Jerome, and Biffle shouting over each other. Ian was looking extremely confused, Biffle looked like he was about to join Nico, and Jerome was just pissed. Nico sighed.

"You REALLY had to knock us out?! Those tentacles could have killed us!" Jerome shouted.

"I was just trying to get you in before it closed," Ian, shouted back. It wasn't really a shout, more of a loud, slightly confused, response.

"Guys, if we keep fighting, my head is going to combust," Biffle murmured.

"Guys?" Nico spoke up. Nico stepped away from the chest and brushed off his shirt.

The three fell silent and turned to Nico.

"Nico?" Biffle whispered.

"Hey, man!" Nico cheerfully waved, "Did Ian not tell you yet?"

"You knew he was alive?!" Jerome whirled back to Ian with a snarl.

"Not alive! Just existing in the same plane of reality," Nico replied.

"I-well-yeah," Ian waved his hand, "I tried telling you but by the time our conversations end, we are both trying not to strangle each other."

"Well why didn't you bring it up at the start of the conversation?" Jerome shot back.

"Guys, guys, guys, maybe we need a bit of down time? Or I can give you the mission the Tentacle Monster wanted me to tell you," Nico offered.

"What's the mission?" The three asked in unison.

"There's a scythe you need to make," Nico said to Ian, "It's a powerful weapon you need to help bring the Tentacle Monster to the surface."

The three glanced at each other.

"What do you need us to do?" Ian asked.

_______________________
Word Count: 360

A/N: Oh the Cane of Venoms, here comes the Therapy Trioooooooooo (yes I'm calling Ian, Jerome, and Biffle the Therapy Trio.)