Chapter Twenty Two

Christmas Eve.

The sun shimmered brightly in the sky. The snow along the sidewalks added to the city's Christmas spirit.

The tall, crystal, blue windows on the skyscrapers glowed brightly as Ian walked down the streets. He was wrapped firmly in a coat and scarf and long, baggy pants.

It was a beautiful day.

Cars shot through the road and giant ships soared through the sky.

There was an uproar far behind him. He paused beside a food truck. He glanced at its menu. Mainly breakfast foods such as crepes, churros, and pancakes.

There was a shout. Down at the end of the block behind Ian, four men raced around the corner and started running towards Ian.

All four were startlingly familiar as they hooted and laughed.

One, an enderman with dark green fur.

The second, an avian with shimmering gold-brown wings.

The third, a human wearing a bright red hoodie and a black, backwards hat.

The final...a bee hybrid. Someone who should have been dead.

Biffle's eyes held Ian's as he ran past. He had a black bag clutched in his hands. The time seemed to slow as Biffle ran.

Henwy spread his wings and lifted off of the ground, Biffle following close behind with his own set of bee-like wings. Sigils grabbed Nico and a dark cloud of green billowed around the two before they disappeared.

Ian followed Henwy and Biffle with his gaze.

The two landed at the top of a building. A green cloud swirled beside them and revealed Nico and Sigils. Sigils stumbled and Henwy and Nico caught him. They ran off and out of his line of vision. Ian hardly noticed the police officers that ran past him.

Ian once again held the eyes of Biffle.

Two opposites stared at each other.

Light and Dark.

Good and Bad.

Kind and Evil.

Happiness and Saddness.

Love and Blood.

_________________________
Word Count: 316

A/N: Remember how I said I would rewrite Love and Blood?