The Holidays

"Happy Holidays!" I greeted the security guard as my band, and I entered the venue. Rising Phoenix was going to perform a holiday special after the first two openers went and before KISS.

"Evening, Miss Potter." he greeted holding the door open for us as we made our way in.

"Ava!" Paul called out waving me over. I smiled and approached him. "Wow, you look stunning."

Paul picked me up by my waist and spun me around.

"As always." Peter stated crossing his arms. "You excited for your biggest show yet?"

"What do you mean?" I asked giving him a confused look as I was placed back on my feet.

"We changed the plan. Tonight, is all about Phoenix. But KISS will be your band instead of the figurines." Gene chuckled seeing the horrified look on Miku's face and the relieved ones on Chad and The Rev's.

"We thought it would be fun to perform together." Paul said. I looked at the figurines I considered my band and they all smiled and gave me nods.

"We'll go back and deactivate our runes." Chad gave my arm a pat before he and the other two left. I had given them runic clusters on the back of their necks, so it was instant activation and deactivation. Though at this point, I kept them life size and had added a special room for them to hang out in when not animated.

"For being plastic most of the time, they sure are good people." Peter noted.

"Yeah, they have their original selves' personalities." I smiled. 

"KISS and The Phoenix are a go. Places everyone." the stage manager called out.

"Wait, do you guys know the set list?" I asked suddenly panicking.

"Relax, you planned it out at the beginning of the month, and we may or may not have asked your guys for it so we could practice for tonight. It is the last show before Christmas, and we all go to New York to be with our families." Gene pulled me into a one-armed hug. When he mentioned families though, my smile fell. I have no family to go home too.

"I'm taking you in for Christmas." Paul stated as we walked onto stage. The guys all put Santa hats on and got into position. As I stood in front of my mic with Paul on my right and Gene on my right, the curtain rose up.

"Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas!" Gene called out in a very Santa-like voice. Chimes played before a spotlight landed on me. The cymbals could be heard as I began to sing.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you, yeah

The rest of the guys soon joined in, and I couldn't help the smile that filled my face as I picked up the mic and began dancing around the stage.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
And I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree

I moved over to Gene and leaned close to him as he stuck his tongue out and leaned into me.

I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas Day

Ace stopped playing briefly and offered his hand out to me. I had finally forgiven him and we were on okay terms. Taking his hand, I let him twirl me around before releasing to go back to playing.

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you
You, baby

Oh, I won't ask for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for snow
And I'm just gonna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe

I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick
I won't even stay awake to
Hear those magic reindeer click