Chapter 11

"Where would you like to go, Sora?"

"So long as it's with Papa, then I don't mind where we go."

The Captain laughed nervously as he carried Sora on his shoulders. "Why am I the papa?"

"Because you are papa."

"Ehe... Children say the most innocent things." The Captain sweat dropped at the stares he was getting as he walks through the streets. "Don't mind her everyone, I'm just her babysitter." He said.

"NO! You are papa!" Sora pulled on the hair that sticks out of his hat.

"Ow! Ow!" He mumbled and winced. "Alright! Alright! I'm papa!" He felt Sora stop pulling on his hair as he sighed tiredly. The things he does to make others happy...

"You want me to take care of Sora? Why me?"

"You were the only one available at the current moment. I have a mission from a client of mine to attend to. That means I'll be gone for a couple of days."

"..."

"You wouldn't want to make her sad would you? She misses her father."

"F-Father?!" He took a step back at Raven's claim which caused the woman to cross her arms and nod. "H-Hold on! Why do you keep calling me her father!"

"That's just what she sees you as."

"And you're okay with that?!" He yelled with embarrassment, his hands frankly wavering around the place.

"Why not? If it makes her happy..."

"B-But!......" He was met with a claw pointing at his neck. "F-Fine. I'll take care of her."

"Would you like to go to the candy shop?"

"Mm."

"The candy shop it is!" He smiled as he marched onward. Today is a free day, with him and Sora alone. He put a Do Not Disturb sign on his room door and left the tracker inside. Sometimes, being alone is all that one needs. He also made to consider if Sora was fine with bringing anyone along.

"No!"

"Ehhh? Why?"

"I wanna go with papa only!"

"... Wouldn't you like to have a strong Valkyrie with us that can take care of you too?"

"No!"

"Ehh?! How come?!"

"Because that means you'll be cheating on mama."

"... Huh?" He blinked at Sora's statement. Cheat? What? Huh?

...

He's not even in a relationship with Raven...

Truly... the mind of a child is unpredictable and innocent. He and Raven are just friends.

"Cap-Cap. That you?"

"Leon? What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? Why do you have a child on your shoulders?!"

The Captain sweat dropped as he looked at Leon. "This right here is Sora." He looked to the side and stared at Sora. "Sora. This is Leon. He's one of my long-time friends."

"Hello." Sora waved to him.

"Uh... H-Hey." Leon blinked as he waved back confusingly. "Don't tell me this is your kid!?"