Chapter 40

It's too quiet...is everyone still asleep I wonder? He noticed as soon as he arrived that the place was too quiet for comfort. Usually, at this time, he understands that everyone should be up and about. He continued walking as the silence was disrupted by the sound of the television playing in the lounge.

["In other news, the weather for the week is expected to be grim. With a possible flash warning in the city. Rain storms are expected to die down in the next few days..."]

It's gonna rain all week? What a bummer... He thought while staring at the news channel with disappointment. He blinked as he grabbed the remote and realized how clean the table looked. Did they clean this place? Now that he thinks of it, this place does look more furnished. He looked over at the couch and froze.

"His cassette player...?" Kevin picked up the cassette player and wondered who was the one grabbing his dear friend's personal items. He looked on with disappointment. They all missed F/N dearly that is the truth. Yet they promised to leave his equipment safe and not touch it as a way they don't mess up or destroy anything. He stopped his thought process as he sniffed the air and noticed someone was making breakfast. He quickly walked ahead towards the kitchen with his friend's cassette player. "Do you know who grabbed this?!"

"Eh?!" A meek startled reply was all he got.

"!" Kevin widened his eyes as he realized who he was seeing.

"Yo, Kevin." The Captain calmed down after realizing who spoke to him out of the blue, greeted while raising his hand and looking at the Kaslana. "I'm making breakfast right now, go wake everyone up. Also, I think I managed to get you in trouble with Dr. MEI!...... Sorry about that." He scratched his neck nervously before turning back around and focusing on making breakfast.

"W-When did you arrive here?!" Kevin was still in a state of shock as he watched his friend cook breakfast.

"Oh yeah... I suppose you didn't know I arrived." The Captain hummed while looking up with a playful pout. "Didn't anybody tell you that I was here? Or did you forget?"

"Forget? What do you mean?" Kevin walked over to the Captain and placed his cassette player nearby. He understands that his friend recovered his memories from the news that was told to everyone by Elysia, but he didn't know anything about him arriving here in the Elysian Realm.

"Apparently Dr. MEI messaged you about throwing a celebration for me. That celebration took place two days ago and she seemed pretty angry... I asked her yesterday during game night where you were and she sounded angry that you weren't there." The Captain explained as he grabbed his player and placed it in his pocket.

"Oh right, yesterday was game night...no wonder she was mad I wasn't there." Kevin muttered with a hum.............. He finally processed the information. "Oh shit I forgot all about the celebration that took place!" He grabbed his hair and tugged with anger and fright. How could he forget his friend's celebration?! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

"H-Hey. It's fine honestly. You weren't there that's fine. I'm not mad or sad about it—"

"You should be!" Kevin shook his head at the Captain with a frown. "I forgot something of utmost importance! That being the welcome back celebration for you! But that's not it, I'm a—"

"You're a what?" The Captain and Kevin froze at the sudden voice. They slowly turned around. "What was that, Kevin?" Dr. MEI asked as she stood straight and had her arms crossed with a huge frown.

"I'm a dead man..." Kevin whispered as he slouched with despair.

"Rest in peace... I will make sure to tell the rest of the Kaslanas that Kevin Kaslana has died in a noble way..." The Captain quipped as he prayed for his friend.