- • Story Short (Halloween Edition!): Trick-Or-Treat! • -

Story Shorts: Halloween Edition!

• Trick Or Treat! •

_________________________

October 31st, 5:22 PM

"Are you boys ready yet?" Frost called, as he heard the slight pitter pattering descending down the stairs. 3 boys arrived at the bottom of the staircase in skeleton onesies.

"Oh! You boys look terrifyingly awesome!" Frost complimented, holding 3 trick-or-treat baskets.

"I know, right?" Butch said cockily, showing off his outfit once again.

"What're we doing again?" Boomer asked, having almost forgotten the conversation they had before they left to change.

"We're going Trick-Or-Treating, duh!" Brick said excitedly.

"Wow Brick, you actually seem excited about something for once. It's scary!" Butch said, looking at his sibling.

"Halloween and Trick-Or-Treating are the ONLY things worth my excitement!" Brick said proudly.

"What's Trick-Or-Treating again?" Boomer said, still not remembering.

"Boomer, you have the memory of an egg. Trick-Or-Treating is when we go out and get free candy! It's literally the best event of the year! And we FINALLY get to do it!" Brick said, actually showing enthusiasm and pure joy. Frost giggled at the slight banter happening between the 3 brothers.

"Here are your candy bags!" Frost said, offering the 3 pumpkin baskets to the boys. They took one each.

"Now, remember-" Frost began, before Brick cut him off.

"Yeah, Yeah, we know. Don't get into peoples vans, no matter what they're offering, stay on the sidewalk and Only eat a few pieces of candy before we get home." Brick finished for Frost, smiling.

"Promise?" Frost said, holding his hand out to the boys.

"Fine, Promise we'll follow the rules." Brick said, placing his hand on Frost's, his brothers placing theirs on top.

"Promise." The blue and green boy said, as they raised their hands up into the air after.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Frost said, taking a black face-paint pencil from his pocket. Brick flew up to Frost and said,

"Me first!" excitedly, holding his hand up. Frost smiled, enjoying his foster son's enthusiasm. He took the lid off the pencil and drew two lines from the corners of his mouth half-way across his cheeks, and added small lines throughout them to look like stitches. (Like Jack Skellington's mouth)!

"Done!" Frost said, as Brick quickly zoomed to the mirror and back, standing next to his brothers proudly. His brothers looked at his face in awe.

"I wanna do that!" Boomer said, flying up to Frost.

"Me too!" Butch added, looking up.

"Copy cats.." Brick muttered under his breath, as Frost copied the same design onto Boomer and Butch's faces.

"Look at it this way, they thought your idea was so cool that they wanted to do it too! Now, you best get going!" Frost said, as he walked over to the front door along with the 3 small children.

"It's best you get going now, remember to be back by 8:00 at the latest!" Frost exclaimed, opening the front door. He walked in front of the boys as they walked out, the boys being curious to what he was doing.

"Say 'boo!'" Frost smiled, getting his camera out.

"BOO!" The 3 boys said, synchronized. Frost took a picture while smiling.