Chapter 1

Hello, my name is Isabella Winn Martinez. I live in Milan, Italy in an apartment complex a good friend had loaned to me as a.. Get away if you would.

Of course, many others know me as..Tori Rivera from Cleveland,Ohio.

Everything's different now.

No more past life.

As of right now,  I was fixing my pixie cut hair in the restroom of my beat up old work place, De Zila.

It's a bar where mostly whores and broken souls drink at. I've met so many people with terrible stories in this past year it only makes me wonder if life gets worse.

So far, everyone knows me as Izzy or Iz. The only two people who know about me are Luis's uncle and cousin. Marco and Samuel (I call him Sam). Sam has become my best friend in the past year, being that he lives next door to me and works at the bar with me.

Marco, is rarely around because he's a well managing business man but he'll check up on Sam and I every once in a while.

I push my purplish bangs to the side and chew on the silver lip ring that was stuck on the right side of my mouth.

I then hear a knock on the door and I'm sure that it was Sam trying to tell me to hurry up, considering there were more customers than usual.

.
.
.
"A-And then she just left! Left me with absolutely nothing but a couple dollars and a note." A man with blackish grey hair in his 50s'said in despair. Poor guys'wife left him for his best friend.

I poured him another straight scotch and patted his shoulder "It'll be okay, sir. She wasn't worth it" is what I say as he chugs down the scotch and nods.

"Could I get the check? "He says, quite lazily and sad. I tried not to sympathize him as I got the check for him.

When he saw it you could see it in his eyes that he didn't have the money. He ran his hands through his hair and started to go to his wallet when I knew nothing was in there because he pulled it out earlier to show me his license.

I pulled the check away from him and nodded to him "This is on the house. Get home safely."I say as I rip the check up. He looks at me with thankful eyes as he stands up.

"God Bless you child.."He says as he walks out of the bar.

When he's gone I pull out my purse and start putting money in the register to pay for the man. I could see Sam looking at me from the other side of the bar and I wasn't surprised when he ended up being right next to me.

"Iz, you really have to stop sympathizing people with no money." He says, I don't even look up at him. (He like 6'5) I just stare at the register and finish putting the last of the money in.

"You sympathized me."I say, closing the register and putting my purse back under the counter.

"Oh don't use that argument."He says with this sassy "tired-of-your-shit" voice he gets sometimes.

"I just did"I say look up at him finally. His long brown hair and green eyes staring straight back at me.
We stay like this for a good 20 seconds before someone rang the little bell on the counter and I walk past him to the customer.

.
.

Later on, I was walking out of the bar, waving bye to Sam who said he would close up. I walk out to my car, the warm Summer air blowing against my skin and hair.

In the car, I open my text messages knowing that Luis and Lilly would have texted me.

As you know,  Luis and I made a deal before I left saying that he would text me every night to make sure I'm okay and if I didn't answer he would be on the first flight out here.