Chapter 4

I let my head hang, I could feel Sammy looking at me with big, sad eyes.

"Iz." He reached across the table and grabbed my small hand, holding it between his humongous ones. "You wouldn't have to tell them that it was you. Start off fresh."

I stare at my lap. Seeing the charm necklace Niall had given me for our first Christmas as a couple. I lifted it with my hand and stared at the charm with our initials carved into it.

"You don't understand Sam." I look up at him, my fading dyed bangs falling in front of my left eye "I can't just 'go back'. I would want them to know it's me. It would never be the same." I say,pulling my hand away from his so I could grab my cup of tea.

I love tea

As I drink my tea, I stare at Sam who had his sympathetic green eyes locked on me. "Is that what you want?" He asks and I look at him confused.

"What?"

"Do you want them to know the truth? To know the truth without knowing it's  you."

I think about it and then I shrug "How is that even possible?"

He looks at me with a smile on his face, "Everything is possible. What seems impossible is probably the most possible thing to do." He says, using that psychology shit he learned in college.

I scoff and roll my eyes at his nonsense. He continues to tell me how it would work, about all this call them. Tell them I'm fine. Tell them the truth.

Only problem is, that would be lying. I'm not fine and they won't believe the truth.
---

Later on,  I found myself putting on makeup,putting on my work clothes (I work nights), and brushing my hair to where nothing was sticking up.

Sam and I's conversation 5 hours ago was in the past. He knew not to bring up again and I knew not to complain about my past life. It's been a year. I should be over them.

No I shouldn't, I'm lying to myself; Yes I should. The past means nothing.

I'm  going insane; No I'm  not.

I blink twice in the mirror. I'm not schizophrenic or anything, I'm just like this. It's not weird. A lot of people talk to themselves.

I look at the time, groaning. I'm late.

---

I run downstairs to the plaza, out the front and to my black 2014 Lexus. I start it, beginning my two mile journey to my small workplace.

When I arrive at work, I notice that we're packed.  Oops.

It's Saturday. Karaoke night. Of course.

I love my job, I really do. I just hate karaoke night. Sam and Lilly always trying to get me to sing, annoying drunk frat guys always hitting on everyone and lastly, they tip horribly.

I walk into the bar and am engulfed into a sea of frat guys and drunk rapist guys hitting on college girls and teenagers with fake I.Ds.

Yeah, that's right. I know they're fake.

I walk up to the counter, walking behind and tapping Sam (whom was currently pouting a glass of SKY vodka for Lilly, who was sitting at the counter).

He glanced at me, handing Lilly her drink "Nice of you  to show up." He starts, making an already nearly drunk Lilly laugh.

"Yeah Izzz. Whaere have you been?"She asks, raising her glass to me extending her pointer finger.

I roll my eyes at her and then give Sam a look. He purposely gives her strong liquor because he thinks it's hilarious how she acts- he can also get laid easier this way- but that's none of my business.

"AYE BARTENDER!" A frat guy shouts from the other end of the bar, obviously already drunk "'NOTHER DRINK!"

Sam and I do rock, paper,  scissors to see who gets him and I lose. Damn.

I walk over to the guy who look a tad overly ripped and douchey.

"Lemme get a scotch. Dry. "He says adding a wink when he says 'dry' . I nod, giving him a thumbs up,  turning to make his drink.

As I make his drink, I start to daydream about Niall walking in here,  ordering a cold one.

In your dreams.

I walk back to the guy, handing him his drink.

"Aye, you look pretty hot." He says

"Well aren't you just the charmer. "I say, sarcasm slipping from my pores.

He glares at me and turns away. I laugh at his reaction and go back to work.

---

Five hours later, Lilly and Sam have asked me billions of times to sing but I kept refusing. Finally,  my shift was over and I just wanted to go home.

I said my goodbyes to Sammy and Lilly as I left.

I walk out to my car, leaning my head back and closing my eyes for a good five minutes.
My eyes opened when I heard my phone blaring its annnoying ringtone.

I look at the I.D and are that it's Louis. I yawn, tapping answer and putting it up to my ear.

It's quiet for a minute or so and I start to think that he just ass-dialed me or something so I spoke up just in case.

"Hello?" I speak into the speaker and I immediately hear a gasp. It wasn't sad or anything. It was a gasp of pure surprise. The kind of gasp you get when you see a dead body, barely audible but you still hear it.

That gasp only belong to one person.

"T-Tori?," Pause. "Is that really you?" They stutter in awe or astonishment. It's not very clear.

That one person. That gasp. That stutter. The faded southern accent.
It all belongs to one person.

Maddy.

.
.
.
.

A/n

I finally fucking finish it. 
I've had writers block like Hell but I'm sure it blew away.

Sorry the ending kind of sucked. Today was a bad day. I'm really sorry.

Well,  Ive got to go.

-Chloe

Chase (Sequel to Truth or Dare)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें