Chapter 5

My breath hitches in my throat as I hear Maddy repeat my name in a voice filled with small sobs.

"Tori! Answer-" Hiccup "Answer me!" She cried. Is this really what I did to them?

I sigh and stare at myself in the rear view mirror "Maddy.. I'm here"I say, wow that was lame. She knew I was there.

"W-Where? W-Why did you-" A sob escaped her mouth and her southern accent got more noticeable "I can't believe.. We thought you were dead!" She exclaimed with what sounded like a chuckle at the end. She was happy..

I started crying, happy crying.

"Mads.. I'm so sorry! I-I didn't mean to leave-" She cut me off

"Tori, I-It's okay! Luis explained everything to me!" She sounded like she was recovering from her crying.

I on the other hand felt like a piece of me was back in my heart. It felt good.

"W-Where are you?" I ask hoping she was in Milan with the boys.

"Back in England, the lads are in Milan on tour"She says sounding excited, I don't blame her.

"Where in Milan? Do you know?" I ask, feeling eager. I really want to see them again. I want to see them all.

"The Marriott Hotel down the street from some hospital,"She pauses "Are you in Milan?"

I smile because I could hear the voice she got when she was done with me. The look she gave me always made me laugh.

"Yeah, Luis gave me his old spare apartment.." I say and I heard her sigh happily.

---

We talked for hours on end. When I got home at midnight, slipping onto the couch while still talking to her.

Harry and her were engaged, Zayn left the band.. It was all so much to take in honestly.

"I'm coming to Milan." She says.

"You don't have to!" I say back with a laugh

"Yes the fuck I do! You're my best friend and I intend to see you" She says back.

She explained that she'll ask Harry to fly her down because she needs to meet up with someone, that someone being me.

It sounds obvious and stupid but she insisted.

"Fine, but Maddy please understand that the boys cannot know about me. I have finally gotten that guy off my ass and I don't want him tailing me again.."I explain in a stern voice that reminds me of my father. He would always speak that way but on the inside he was the biggest teddy bear. He's where I get my personality from.

I heard her sigh, "Alright, I promise I won't spill your secret." I could hear the disappointment in her voice. I knew how much she wanted to tell them, I wanted to just as much as she did.

I heard a beeping coming from the other side of the line and she sighed into the phone again, "Luis' phone is nearly dead. I'll call you in the morning and tell you when I'll be in Milan, alright?" She reassured and I nodded then remembering she wasn't with me so I mumbled an 'Okay'.

She hung up after our 'See You Laters'. I threw my phone somewhere across the room, it landing with a soft thud.

I stare at the white popcorn ceiling of my surprisingly colorful apartment living space. I start to look for shapes that the popcorn like dots could make out. I found a star, a heart and a guy with an oddly large nose.

Ten minutes later, my eyes had closed and I started to feel myself drifting off to sleep.

--

"Tori..Love...It'll be okay." I hear the familiar sound of my beautiful boyfriends voice whisper quietly into my ear.

I open my eyes to see I'm back in our shared room, in our shared home..Back in the UK...Back home. I turn my head to see Niall with sleepy eyes and messy bed hair. He had a grey shirt on with Blue boxers. He smiles at me, reaching his hand up to push a strand of my short hair behind my ear.

"I love you.."I choke out, tears brimming in my eyes. He continues to smile at me, let his hand caress my cheek, wiping away a lose tear.

"I know you do, love.." He looks a bit sad for just a moment and then his small smile is back "I love you too..More than you know."

I smile at him and he leans in, pressing his lips softly to mine. I close my eyes, savoring the moment.

Then as if it were not even real, he was gone. I was alone again but this time I was in my bathroom with nothing but shorts and a sports bra on. I could see all of my insecurities. They stuck out more evenly, as if they were highlighted. In fact, they were sticking out more than usual. They were all bleeding like they were all just done.

I begin to notice that I am getting skinnier. I see the outline of my rib cage. Bags begin to form under my eyes and by the end I look like living skeleton.

Words begin to flow throughout my mind. Bitch. Whore. Ugly. Freak. Emo. Die. Weak. Slut. Skank.

I cover my ears with my arms trying to muffle the words but they only get louder. On repeat. Each word getting more hurtful than the next.

I crouch down on the floor of my bathroom and begin to cry. I cry for Niall. For my Mom. For my Dad. For anyone.

"Peanut..." I hear in my ear "Baby doll, shh...It's okay.. Daddy's here.."

I open one of my eyes and through my tears, I see I'm back in Ohio in the woods behind my cousins' house. I was curled up in a fetus position against a tree, my father in front of me pushing my curly hair out of my face.

I remember this..

"Daddy..."I sob throwing myself onto him, hugging him for dear life.

"Honey, calm down. McKenzie didn't mean the things she called you," He picks me up "She's just jealous that you inherited the family voice and she didn't.." He finishes making me sniffle and giggle.

"Daddy, why are people so mean?" I ask, looking him in the eyes and he does a little half smile, thinking about what to say exactly. I am only 7 for that matter.

"Well Peanut, sometimes...Bad things happen to Good people and the people who cause the bad things to happen are usually just holding something back themselves..Understand?" He explains and I nod, obviously not understanding.

"Alrighty then! How about we blow this Popsicle stand and go get some Dairy Queen!" He says with a bright smile on his face which lit up my face .

.

.

.

.

A/n

Oh my goodness, I finally finished it.

I've had writers block for this past week or so. Plus, I've been stressed out even though its' Summer.

I guess that's what Severe Anxiety does to you right? Lol

Well, I have to go! It's 9:17 pm here in North Carolina and I plan to at least try and update some more of one of my other stories.

Bye guys!

:P

-Chloe