Chapter 2: The Apology

The entire breakfast went smoothly talking wise, but the atmosphere was so awkward that Tommy wanted to run away as fast as possible.

Tommy had finished his food fast. As much as he loved being with his family, right now was just uncomfortable. And he wanted to leave right then and there.

Tommy stood up, "I'll be taking my leave first. Thank you for this morning-"

The blond price felt himself get yanked back down to his chair. Tommy looked over to see Techno looking away as if he hadn't just body slammed Tommy's body into the chair.

Tommy had to bite his tongue to stop a line of curses from slipping out. The young prince looked at his family. They all had crazed blank expressions upon their faces, but they were gone in the matter of a second.

Tommy raised an eyebrow, "Wha- what is it?"

Wilbur then broke out in laughter, "What? You think we'd do all the work for you? You're gonna help us plan for your coming of age right?"

Internally, Tommy let out a sigh of relief, "Yes, of course." his eyes trailed to Techno, "I uh- am going to go..."

"Go where?" Phil raised an eyebrow, "You barely eat with us, I'm surprised at why you're in such a rush."

Tommy looked anywhere else. "Well- I finished eating?"

To be truthful, Tommy was just extremely uncomfortable, and he had a throbbing headache. It's weird though, why did he randomly acquire it now? Whatever. That's not the predicament.

The issue is that his family isn't letting him leave.

"Tommy, really, why're you in such a rush to leave?" Techno raised a brow, using his hand that was propped up thanks to the table to rest his head.

Tommy looked away, getting antsy. "I'm not! Even If I were, why'd you care?"

"Hey, watch it." Phil warned.

Tommy pursed his lips. He knew not to speak otherwise he'd definitely get in a lot of trouble if he hasn't already.

Wilbur leaned back in his chair, folding his arms. "Shall we discuss the requirements for the ceremony? It's in the time in the week, which means Tommy's birthday is in that time frame."

Phil brought a napkin to his lips and daped them with it softly. "Ah yes," he looked at the other blonde. "Is there anything you wish to have? For a present?"

Tommy stared off blankly at a wall for a second before looking at his father. "...Can I go to the village?"

Silence followed.

Wilbur answered for Phil. "Tommy, you know why you can't go."

Tommy nodded with understanding, "Yes, yes! I know! It's dangerous, but I can't just hide away forever! You all can come with me, just please let me go-"

Phil slammed his hand down on the table. "Tommy, silence!" his voice thundered as if there were an echo.

In an instant, Tommy shrunk up, his eyes falling to the ground. He stood up. Techno let him this time.

"It appears I've asked for too much." Tommy kept his eyes to the floor, "I'll be the first to leave then."

"We didn't give you permission to leave Tommy. Sit back down this instant!" Phil demanded.

Tommy was a little taken aback about his father's behavior, but for once Tommy didn't listen to his father and went to his room.

Tommy slammed the door and locked it. He went to bed and started to tear up.