Chapter 3: Painted Red

Tommy tidied up in his room so he could look his best for dinner. He didn't want to make the same mistake he did at breakfast. That was so rude and irresponsible of him! How embarrassing! He then hears a knock on the door. It must be Wilbur getting him! Tommy excitedly opens the door and is rudely shocked at what is on the other side.

"You aren't Wilbur."

The maid giggled, "No sorry! King Phil wanted me to get you for dinner." Tommy sighed and crossed his arms.

"Fine."

"Okay! Follow me Master Tommy."

Tommy grumbly followed and made it there in 5 minutes. Tommy was happy to see his family smile at him.

"Here we are Master Tommy!" His family started to glare at the maid.

"Tommy, it is so great you got here. We thought you would never come with how long it was taking! Come on, sit right here!" Wilbur says as he takes Tommy to a seat.

Phil started to whisper something to the guards as Tommy was looking at his amazing food he was served. Steaks to be exact. Tommy then looked around.

"Father, where did the maid go?"

The other three royals all kept a straight face avoiding Tommy's eye contact.

It was Phil who finally looked at him.

"She had to clean a part of the castle. By the way Tommy, I love how you tidied up. You look great." Phil compliments as he quickly changes the subject. Tommy's brothers hummed in agreement.

"Thank you, father. I appreciate it." Tommy said as he cut up his steak.

Tommy finishes his steak as he dapes his lips softly with his napkin.

"This was a great dinner father, thank you for allowing me to eat with you tonight." Tommy smiled. Phil looked up as he ruffled his feathers in pleasurement.

"You are welcome Tommy. Now may we further discuss the upcoming ceremony?" Tommy nods. It isn't like he could avoid it for much longer.

"As you know, the ceremony for your 13th birthday is indeed coming up, after the ceremony there will be a ball. Now. As a family we decided since it is your 13th birthday, you can attend just this once." Phil explains. Tommy's face brightened up.

"W-what! Really!" His father nods.

"Though, we do want you to wear some sort of face coverup so people don't see your face." Tommy grins.

"Deal!" Tommy quickly said. He didn't care about the cost, as long as he was at an event with people other than maids and his family, he would be happy. Phil chuckled.

"Then it is settled we will have a clothing designer measure you for the ceremony and ball outfit. Let me remind you this face coverup will be used for the ceremony too."

"O-oh."

"Anyways! What color do you think you want for your ceremony?"

"Red would be nice." Tommy answered cautiously.

Phil smiled, "Red it is then. We will have Wilbur and Techno then set up the rest for you then."

"Father, could I help? It is my ceremony after all."

"Tommy," Phil gets up and walks over to Tommy. Phil cups his perfect face and stares into his beautiful blue eyes. "We don't want you getting hurt as you set up the ceremony. We will handle the rest of it Tommy. Okay?"

Tommy wanted to do the thing by himself with planning and picking out everything, but at this point Tommy can't complain. If he gets to go to the ball even with covering his face for everything is a start. Maybe this is them testing if he is ready and responsible enough to go to the village? Tommy got excited even thinking about the village. Techno always told Tommy tales of the village. The sparkling lights on the streets, the food, the jewelry.