Chapter 7: Shut Your Mouth

Tommy lays flat on his bed. The day has been an utter drag.

That's when he heard knocking on his door, and Tommy quite literally rolled off of the bed, falling against the floor.

Tommy let out a sigh, "Hold on..." he dragged out.

Opening the door he saw no other than Ranboo; he stood there with his arms behind his back, he stood up straight, and avoided eye contact.

Tommy raised a brow, looks like he knows what he's doing.

Folding his arms, the blonde prince spoke one word, "What?"

Ranboo cleared his voice, "You've been requested to come for dinner with your family."

Tommy nodded, "Alright, I'll get going then."

"Allow me to accompany you, your highness—"

Tommy cut him off, "No need, you may take the rest of the day off or whatever."

"I simply cannot, young master."

Tommy sighed, it was no use, even though he'd tried once.

Walking, they were both in silence.

Ranboo wondered if he should strike a conversation, but failed to open his mouth.

Just keep things formal, is what he thought.

Tommy seemed to hesitate as he came closer to the dinner area.

He felt as if the warm atmosphere died down, so he slouched.

Tommy folded his arms and Ranboo pushed open the door for the nervous boy.

It's just your family, what's wrong with you? Tommy thought. Tommy slapped himself on either side of his face, snap out of it—!

"Tommy!"

The youngest prince flinched.

"Why the hell did you just slap yourself?!" Wilbur yelled, running up to the boy, grabbing his shoulders.

"I- I was feeling uneasy..." Tommy admitted, though he didn't want to say the atmosphere dimmed.

He wouldn't want them to take offense to that.

Wilbur sighed, placing his hand against Tommy's forehead.

For a second, Tommy was confused, but then Wilbur spoke.

"Your temperature is fine to me, go sit down next to me—"

"Oh come on, Wilbur. You don't need to hog him." Techno spoke up, placing down his fork.

Wilbur glared at his brother, and for some reason when Techno spoke, he flinched.

Wilbur rolled his eyes, "Fine."

And for just a second, Tommy saw Wilbur gaze at Techno's sword before looking back to the eldest's eyes.

Wilbur sighed, walking off, leaving Tommy confused.

Tommy, keeping his eyes on Wilbur, started to follow him. What the hell is that about? Did I do something? "Um... Wilbur, wait—"

Just before the young prince could finish he felt a cold substance splash onto him, and he flinched back, and yelped.

Tommy just realized he bumped into a servant while not looking, trying to latch onto Wilbur.

"O-oh my..." the servant said, dropping the big silver plate he was carrying the drinks on.

That's when Tommy realized it was Atlas. A servant that he occasionally ran into—figuratively.

Wilbur turned around with a gasp while the other two were staring daggers at the Atlas.