Outside

II

MK POV

What makes something or someone so captivating? Is it the idea that you can't have it? Is it the want? The drive? The lust?

Is it how they make you feel? The high you get when you're around them? Or that through the ups and downs, they are still there for you?

We've all been there. I know I have on more occasions than one.

We all know how my twin sister and I grew up. Being in the eyes of millions doesn't exactly make things normal, and pretty soon, we're across the cover of tabloids and websites counting down to our eighteenth birthday. It's disgusting.

But we were captivating while being captivated.

Anyways here I am years later. Many relationships with lust and ideas have come and gone. My sister and I run a successful fashion business. My little sister is engaged and is killing it in the film industry that Ash and I left behind. Everything has been picture-perfect.

So why is it that when I saw this article of Lizzie leaving a NY restaurant with a mysterious woman, I suddenly had a feeling I couldn't pinpoint?

But it wasn't a want or need.

It was that captivating spark.

Who is she?

Why is Lizzie back in NY?

Where is her fiancé Robbie?

_

"Just promise me that you don't know anything, and you won't say anything."

I nod to my little sister, who is shoving me out of her NY apartment after I confronted her about the girl she was photographed with.

Clearly, whoever this girl is, Lizzie doesn't want the world knowing.

Speaking of which. I didn't see Robbie around...

"Whatever is going on, you know I'm here for you." Lizzie nods to me as a tear escapes down her cheek. I pull her into a hug. "Life can be super shitty and kind. That's how life is. Hell, that's how the world works. But you make due for yourself and the people you love, okay?"

Lizzie nods at me before I pull her into a big that she quickly escapes from."Pleas-." I cut her off. "I promise, Lizzie. Just call me tonight." Lizzie promises that she will before the door closes on me.

I stand outside the door, uneasy about the situation I found myself in.

I hear Lizzie shuffle away from the door before I press my ear onto it. Somethings not right. I lean in, and I can hear Lizzie crying. As I'm about to knock, a female's voice calls out to my sister.

That must be her.

And then it's quiet. I pull my ear back from the door and send Lizzie a text to remind her to call me tonight. I put my phone away and head towards the elevator.

_

Well, it's now 10pm, and I should be asleep, but my mind doesn't want to stop.

It's no surprise, but Lizzie didn't wind up calling me. She seemed scared when she begged me not to tell anyone about this girl she was with.

I decide to shoot my little sister a check-up text just in case she needs it before focusing on anything to help me unwind.

_

Well, it's been a couple of days, and Lizzie never called me, but she managed to find time to go to LA with Robbie.

When did Robbie make it to New York? I have no idea.