Conversations

VI

TW: Abuse, Abusive Relationship, mentions of, self-harm

But be sure to stay till the end.

Y/N POV

Watching Mary-Kate walk into that elevator was bittersweet. I am proud of her for everything she's accomplished, and I am proud of Mary-Kate herself, but man, I really didn't want her to leave.

I walk myself back into my apartment and shut the door behind me. I lean back up against it and let my mind replay our dinner.

MK showing up with flowers. Our small talk over dinner. Our closeness it was all... beautiful. And she was just as fantastic as always.

I know I'm wearing a dumb smile on my face. Anyways. I lift my body off the door and double-check over my kitchen that everything is put away and clean. It is! MK must've done extra stuff when I wasn't looking. I turn out the kitchen light and grab my phone to distract myself.

Also, to wait for a specific person to call. Did we forget?

I shoot a text off to Max, letting her know that I didn't end up watching Captain Marvel like planned initially but instead, I had a pleasant dinner with Mary-Kate Olsen. Max was quick to respond with a bunch of emojis. I laughed, knowing she either can't get over the fact that I'm cool with an Olsen twin or she's too busy to respond properly. Come to think of it.. she did say she was spending time with that Flirty girl from that bar.. hmm. I'll have to check back on that.

I get up from the couch and make my way to the bathroom. Knowing I'm too stuffed to eat anything else, I might as well brush my teeth.

As I spit out that burning sensation that is mouthwash
I shoot off another text to Max asking if she just wants to come and bring James over tomorrow night for movie night. She once again responds quickly but with a thumbs-up emoji. I smile and turn out my bathroom light before heading to my room to change into a comfy pair of sweatpants and an old t-shirt when I receive another text—followed by another.

It's Elizabeth.

"Hey, Y/N! Would now be an okay time?"
"If not, I understand, and maybe we could talk tomorrow night?"

I look up my phone at the time—7:00 pm, on the dot.

Punctually. But wait... Then that means it's like midnight for Elizabeth.

I stare at the text and watch as three dots pop up before they disappear. I put my phone down and finish getting dressed to relax as I think of the last night I saw Elizabeth.

The night I walked out of her New York apartment.

Away from her and Robbie.

_

"Do you still love her?"

Robbie seems shocked by my question but still answers. "I do." Robbie looks at Elizabeth. "I do." I watch a small smile form on her face, but she quickly dismisses it. I know he loves her, and she loves him. What they have is something special.

But would it last?

What would happen if I did take a chance on her?

"Liz?" I watch Olsen quickly shoot her head towards me. "Yes?" "Do you still love Robbie?" I can't help my eyes, but they start to do what they've done all night, fill up with water again.

"Y/N, I-"

"Yes or no, Liz."

Elizabeth takes a breath and makes sure she is looking at me. I watch her eyes become soft as they express their true meaning.