Work

VIII

Y/N POV

I have zero idea why my eyes are slowly opening, but I hate it. From my small window of vision before shutting my eyes again, I can see that it's still barely dark out, and I'm beyond comfortable. I pull whatever my arms are wrapped around closer to me and snuggle my face into it. It's warm and keeping me safe.

Wait, now it's moving?

And there's a ringing?

"Hello?"

I hear a grumpy voice call out. Wait, who- I open my eyes and see I have my arms wrapped around a specific blonde. I lift my head up off my pillow and peer over the back and small shoulders of Mary-Kate Olsen. That's who I was snuggling with. That's who was warm and keeping me safe.

I shift in the bed, causing MK to turn around. She has a phone pressed up against her ear. Wait. That's my phone? I look over Mary-Kate's tired eyes as she shoots me a warm morning smile. "Here she is." I rub the sleep out of my eyes as Mary-Kate hands me my phone. Before I even have a chance to question the blonde, she turns over and rests her head on my chest, shutting her eyes.

I let my left hand rub up and down her back as I talk to whoever the hell woke us up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Bestie!" It's Max. My best friend and boss bitch. "So, not gonna lie, I was calling to ask if you could come in and cover, but it sounds like you're busy rn. Or should I say you got busy! Heyyo!" I let my eyes roll as I hear Max cheer, laugh, and asks for a high five from someone else. "So, who is that?" I tilt my head confused, but then I remember Max doesn't know all about Mary-Kate and I fast friendship to whatever we are now. It's not that I haven't told her. It's just I.. well.. haven't told her. Hmm.

"Someone," I reply while the tips of my fingers begin to scratch MK's back. "Hmm. Boring. Anyways can you come in or no?" I close my eyes. I could, but I'm tired, and I want to spend my day with Mary-Kate. "Next time," I reply, earning a groan, but Max and I both know I don't really need this job. Also, I work whenever I want, so ehh. "Fine. But you're working a double tomorrow." I huff but agree. "Bye, Y/N!" "Bye."

I hang up and double-check the time—6:06 am. Damn, Max. I toss my phone down the bed. I don't care where it ends up because, looking down, I see the blue eyes of a certain blonde looking up to me. I lower my body and pull her closer to me. She's so fucking comfortable. "Hi." She whispers. "Hi," I whisper back with a smile. Her morning voice is so cute and small.

"Do you have to go?" She asks without looking up at me anymore. Instead, she finds the bottom hem of my shirt more interesting, which only makes my stomach do flips this early in the morning. "No. I don't."

"Really?" She looks at me now. Her gaze is so intense it's like she's worried I'll disappear if she looks away. I nod, lean forward, and place a kiss on her forehead. "Really. Now let's sleep some more." I pull her close and hear a fit of quiet giggles escape her lips which brings a smile to my face and lets me drift off back to sleep a whole lot easier.

MK POV

This time I know the exact ringing that's disrupting my sleep. It's my 7:30 alarm clock. I was wondering why my ringtone was different earlier.

I sigh and quickly flop over to shut off my alarm before flipping back to see Y/N still asleep. She looks so cute and angry. Her eyebrows are pinched inward, and her mouth is slightly agape. It's honestly adorable, and I can't help but let a smile shine on my face. I bite my bottom lip and stare at the woman next to me. Mentally saving this image.