Bitter sweet

"This place is starting to get cramped, let's get to the beach!" One of the old football players yelled. Him and some others had taken a few shots and gotten bored by the talking the rest of us where doing.

By some others I mean everyone. This restaurant is the only one that sell alcohol to eighteen-year-olds. It has a European theme. Not sure if they're serving alcohol legally since you have to be twenty-one in the US, but who am I to complain. I get free shots from my eighteen-year-old boyfriend. Perks.

When I stood up I could feel the the three shots I just downed going straight to my head. Again, not complaining. I love the feeling.

I feel so more carefree and everything is so much fun. I talk to people I have never talked to before, everyone just seems so much nicer.

Walking down the the street with my hand in Alex's hand I can't help but feel so happy. Don't think I've ever felt this kind of happiness before. Is this what it feels like to be in love?

Looking at my boyfriend. I think it is. I'm in love.

"Ehhh, Nova. I'm so sorry to ruin it for you two. But I think we're about pass your family." Sara was definitely drunk, but she somehow managed to say all that in a way I understood, without slurring. I'm impressed!

Well not important. The three of us stoped immediately. We ran into a nearby corner. We where about to pass the fancy restaurant the rest of my family was going to. It was a big line to get in. In the line stood all five of my brothers and my parents.

My two oldest brothers had changed a lot. They where both pretty fit, and held themselves up with confidence. Guess I'm not the only one who has changed a lot in twelve years.

While watching them laughing and having fun with each other I couldn't help but feel kind of left out to be honest. I knew I had said I was fine and that I didn't care. But I actually did.

Surprisingly beside my family stood-

"Are that my parents? And sister? What are they doing there?" Alex asked surprised. Yes, why where they there?

"Looks like you're not the only one to not get an invite to the family festivities." He muttered. I squeezed our intertwined hands a little, trying to comfort him. He brushed it away and a neutral look overtook his face.

"What are we gonna do? We aren't exactly keeping it low. There is fifty teenagers talking loudly and it's clear that at least half of us have been drinking." I said frustrated.

"I thi... I think we'll just have to wait here until they get in. They can't see us here, can they?" Alex slurred. Laying pressure on the most unpractical letters.

I just looked at him weirdly. Was he trying to be funny? He didn't drink that much, did he?

"No, I don't think so. Oh shit, dad is picking up his phone." Dad's eyes had landed on the big crowd of teenagers that was nearing them. I could see dad eyeing them skeptically.

"Shit so is my mom. We can't answer them now, they'll hear all the commotion." Alex was quick to sober up, still slurred a little but not much.

Just as he said that both of our phones lit up. They were calling us. Not even a second later, both our screens lit up with a message.