Block or ignore?

"How could they! They have been lying to me my whole life!" Nova paced back and forth in Alex's bedroom. Alex sat on his bed with his head resting on the headboard. His eyes furrowed while watching his restless girlfriend.

Nova continued her rant, her eyes filling up with tears, but she refused to let them go. She wouldn't spear them a tear.

A hand on her arm interrupted her pacing. Alex held her firmly yet gently as he dragged her towards him.

"I know. They shouldn't have done what they did. But do you think being this angry with them will solve anything?" He questioned as Nova made herself comfortable. She laid her head on his chest, welcoming Alex's massaging hand on her scalp.

A sight left Nova. She didn't answer right away. Screw her rational thinking boyfriend. "No." She rolled her eyes.

"I guess not." Hesitation was clear in her voice. She sat up with an unexpected force. Alex had to retrieve his hand quick to not accidentally slap her.

"Just let me be mad." Nova took a pillow and threw it at his head. A small smile played on her lips. A chuckle slipped out.

Alex had no time to react before the pillow hit him in his face. The chuckle that followed was like music to  his ears.

"Ow! What did you do that for?" He faked annoyance. Nova only shrugged as an answer.

"You witch." Alex muttered before launching himself towards Nova and started attacking her with the pillow. Alex loved the squeals that escaped her.

He was now straddling her hips while hitting her merciless with the pillow. Nova squirmed under his weight laughing while begging him to stop.

"Alex! Stop it!" She bellowed, more laughter filling the room.

"Never!" He responded while laughing just as much as Nova.

"Oh shit."

The pair stopped their pillow fight. Both heads snapped to the bedroom door and the person standing in the door looking away with a tint of red covering her face.

"This is the second time I walk in on you guys all over each other." Vanessa sighed.

"Maybe you should learn how to knock." Alex mumbled not so quietly as he crawled of Nova who plopped up on her elbows, laughing at Alex's remark.
Vanessa heard him and gave her brother an unimpressed look.

"What do you want?" Alex grumbled at his sister.

Once again Vanessa ignored her little brother just as she had been doing many times before when he was the one irritating her.

"Mom wanted me to tell you guys that the guest room is ready." Vanessa said, she was focused on Nova while telling this, trying to ignore her brother to the fullest.

"Why?" A nonchalant Alex asked as he threw a ball of paper into the trash can that stood right beside Vanessa, nearly hitting her in the process.

A dumbfounded look was sent Alex's way. "Because Nova is going to sleep in there." She stated.

"Why?" Again Alex didn't get the memo.

"Because that's just how it is." Vanessa shrugged.

"Why?" Alex was just doing it for fun by now.

"Oh my god, Alex! You know why!" Vanessa threw her head back before she frustratedly walked out of the room.

"Why?" Alex's turned his face too an amused Nova. Her smile stretched through out her whole face.
Alex leaned in to kiss his beautiful girlfriend.

"I think that is why." Nova blushed, feeling Alex' adoring eyes on her. He let out a groan understand why.

A notification on Nova's phone got the pair out of their little staring contest. Nova looked at it but turned it of after seeing who the massage was from.

"Who is it?" Alex asked.

The girl cleared her throat. "Sara tagged me in something on insta. No biggie." She said, her eyes gazing everywhere, purposely avoiding Alex.

"Nova! Alex!" Anna's gentle voice sounded from the kitchen downstairs.

Alex didn't respond to his mother. He was too intrigued with his lying girlfriend. She could never look at him whenever she lied. That's how he found out of his surprise birthday party when he was twelve.

Nova on the other hand responded quickly. Happy to get out of the situation she put her self in by lying flatly to her boyfriend.

As she walked out of the bedroom a gentle hand graced hers. A quick kiss was placed on her cheek.

"You know you don't have to lie to me right?" Alex's eyes roamed her own.

A sheepishly blush creeped up her face. "I know. It was nothing, I'll promise I will tell you soon. But not now."

"I understand, and trust you." Alex kissed her one more time before dragging her with him down the stairs.

Right before they walk through the kitchen door their joined hands loosely dropped at the same time.

"There you are! I was this close to sending your father up to get you guys." Anna chuckled when she saw the two teenagers walking in. Her thumb and her pointer finger was held an inch from each other signaling how close she was to get her son and Nova downstairs.

Nova gave Anna a small smile before she walked into the arms of the man that was mentioned.

When she arrived two hours ago, Aaron, Alex's father wasn't home yet. He was like her second father. Or third? She didn't know yet.

"How are you doing, hun?" A gentle hand rubbed her back up and down in carefully motion.

The tears that escaped Novas eyes was to hard to contain as she basked in the love of her second family. A shrug was all Aaron got as an answer, all though he felt the tear staining his shirt. His grip on Nova tightened.

"Do you want cake?" Aaron whispered in her ear making her smile. Letting go of Aaron, Nova wiped away some tears. Her eyes fell on Alex who greedily shoveled down all of the cake on the plate.

"Alex! You're eighteen years old, stop eating like you're three." Vanessa slapped his head making him scowl at her.

"I think I'll just go to bed. But thanks." Nova sighed. Before anyone could object she was out of the kitchen.

A light lit up the dim guestroom where Nova was trying to sleep. Her phone had been lighting up from notification after notification. Some from her family others from plain spam.

There was one notification that got her interest. It was from the same person she had gotten a text from earlier.

When she opened messenger she was met with three text messages from the same person.

'Carina Star wants to send you a text. Do you want to block or ignore?'