Misconceptions

Maybe I'm just overreacting, dad is aloud to be proud of Alex, I'm proud of him too.
It hurt a little extra when I achieved something similar and only got a glare with a stern no.

Even though I know that it's hard for them to let me go I still don't understand it. England can be the best part of my young life. I am certain that it will.

I looked at Alex. He was smiling. His dimples making him hotter than should be aloud. He has a pearly white grin. I could see it from miles away.

Alex wasn't the type to brag about his achievements, but when someone complimented him he didn't brush it of either. He knew how good he was, luckily, I didn't have a too cocky man on my hands.

Alex met my eyes, every time he does that my heart skip a beat or two.

I got a somewhat unbalanced family, but I sure got the best boyfriend.

"Why is mom looking at you like that?" It was safe to say that the one and only Vulcan, who was sitting next to me scared me out of my thoughts.
He was whispering into my ear so no one else could hear.

I looked over at mom once again. Her eyes were solemnly on me. Everyone else had abounded the topic of Alex going to England, but it seemed that mom was still on the topic, thinking really hard about it.

"I can see the wheels in her mind turning. Have you done something?" Vulcan joked, he had consumed a few glasses of wine like everyone else over the age of twenty-one had and he seemed to be comfortable with joking with me. Something I am sure would not happen if he was a little more sober.

I caught mom's attention as she saw me looking back at her. I gave her a smile. She absentmindedly smiled back before going back to her conversation with Nelly and grandma, tears glistening in her eyes. Did she know something was up?

Probably not, she looked at Alex as her son. It was probably tears of proudness.

"No, I haven't done anything." I lied. I have done something, I just haven't been caught yet. A little white lie never hurt anyone.

Vulcan looked at me suspiciously. He gave me one last nod before he gave me sly smirk and turned his attention away from me.

The doorbell got all of us to turn our attention. I didn't think much of it until Orion stood up too answer it. I thought it was kind of weird that he was the one to open it since he haven't been home in a decade.

When he came walking in again someone was following him. A tall, brown haired man walked hand in hand with my brother. He was extremely handsome.

"Questa è la mia famiglia" Orion said. I had no idea what he was saying but everyone else seemed too know, except for Alex and Vanessa who just smiled at the new man.

Both mom and dad stood up to greet him. "mia madre e mio padre." A big smile was plastered on Orion. He was clearly happy to finally show off this man. Even tho I had no idea who he was.

Orion started to introduce him to everyone else, when he got to me an Vulcan he didn't introduce us, he just jumped to the next person.

After introducing everyone Orion pointed at me again. "è mia sorella." He said and the man walked towards me where I was sitting.

"Tu sei Nova! Ho sentito tante cose belle su di te." He said as he crouched down in front of me. What? I just looked up at Vulcan for help. I had no idea how to speak Italian.

Vulcan was no help as he wasn't even looking at me.

"You are Nova! I have heard many good things about you." The man repeated in English. His thick accent shining through.