[0.32]

"Yang Jungwon!" I exclaim as I burst into the bedroom with a scowl on my face, feeling as if my head could explode from the pure amount of frustration I feel.

Jungwon quickly shoots his head up in my direction, from where he was previously hunched over his desk with mounds of paper underneath him. At first he looks startled, but then he gives me a soft smile, making me halt in my steps as I feel my anger suddenly dissipating.

"Ah, Minji you are finally back!" he exclaims happily while standing up from his chair, making my gaze soften by just a smidge. "I was going to search for you in the kitchen actually, but on the way there Jake hyung told me that you went to the infirmary in search of Riki. So I thought it'd be best to leave you alone while you two talk for a while."

I pause for a moment, mentally fighting within myself before I completely let go and give up on trying to be angry. I drop my tense shoulders and trudge forwards with a huff, pulling Jungwon into a hug as I feel my face begin to burn.

Without even hesitating for a second, he pulls me into his warm embrace just as earnestly, with one hand resting on the back of my head, pushing my head to rest on his shoulder, and the other on the small of my back.

"What's wrong?" he asks softly, taken aback by my sudden action, making me let out a frustrated huff. I really had planned to be assertive towards Jungwon, but I guess the anger only lasted until I was actually face to face with the boy. Because as soon as he opened up his mouth to speak, I found it impossible to stay angry now that I know I have these new-found feelings for him.

"My brother," I murmur into his shoulder blade, causing him to tense up momentarily. "He's still alive isn't he? He has to be alive, Sorian didn't kill him, did they?" I ramble nervously as I feel my fingers tremble against his back, causing Jungwon to let out a deep sigh.

"Ah, so this is what the two of you were talking about then, huh?" Jungwon remarks quietly, making me sigh.

"Is Heeseung alive?" I try again, making it go silent for a moment as Jungwon shifts on his feet.

"He is alive, yes." he finally admits, making me let out a shaky breath of relief. I slightly pull back away from him, looking up to meet his dejected eyes as a frown forms on my face.

"When were you going to tell me this?" I ask with my eyebrows furrowed, causing Jungwon to frown down at me.

"It was never my place to be the one to tell you, it's not my story to tell." Jungwon replies almost in a whisper, making me glance down at my feet dejectedly, before I fully pull away from him with a quiet hum.

I trudge my way over to the edge of Jungwon's bed and plop down onto the mattress, resting my head in my hands as I let out a tired huff of breath. I can see in my peripheral vision that Jungwon takes a seat beside me on the mattress, but I don't look up to acknowledge his presence.

"Are you alright?" Jungwon asks worriedly, causing me to hum lowly.

"This is just.." I trail off with a frown etched onto my face, earning a hand to lay hesitantly against my back, "this is a lot to take in at the moment," I admit, causing Jungwon to hum in understanding.

"Do you need to take a rest for a little while?" he suggests and extends his open palm towards me. Understanding his intent, I slide my hand into his open one and carefully thread my fingers in between his own with a growing smile on my face. He places our laced hands in his lap, causing me to merely glance up at him with a cheeky grin. "I can leave you alone to rest for a while, if space is what you need."

"I'd prefer it if you stayed," I respond, making Jungwon glance up at me with a small smile resting on his face.

"I can do that," he hums as one corner of his lips slightly lifts up higher than the other. The next thing I know, Jungwon lets himself fall backwards onto the mattress, making me chuckle in amusement as he just stares up at me with a sort of expectant look, while a smug smile rests upon his lips.