[0.50]

Hours turned into days. Which soon turned into weeks, now catching up on a month. Things in Wimborne have gone back to the way they used to be, before I returned.

It makes me feel uneasy, everything does. Wimborne hasn't heard a single thing from the Sorian kingdom since the carriage incident, which feeds the growing eerie feeling in my stomach. Everything at the moment just seems too good to be true. It's all too peaceful.. especially when there should be an oncoming war instead.

Instead, Jungwon's father had decided to go forth with the annual celebratory ballroom dance in honor of the late queen's birthday. I found it odd at first, knowing that Sorian could strike at any given moment.. but I guess it would be shameful to dishonor the queen by breaking the tradition. At least that's what the talk around the castle is all about.

Besides the ballroom dance itself, I've heard news of an ascension ceremony being held the same night, for Jungwon. I'm not sure what the actual ascension part could be about, the details are strictly between the members of the royal family- which has been passed down to a few friends in secret.

"Am I doing this correctly?" I ask Jay, who sits beside me on the floor of his workroom.

Due to the ballroom dance causing an overwhelming amount of formal wear requests from not only the people in the castle, but also from a few villagers Jay personally knows- he's been stressed about finishing everything before the deadline.

After every sword training lesson I've had for the past week I've spent it helping Jay with his seamstress duties, which is surprisingly pretty enjoyable.

"Yes, just continue that stitch and tie it off once you reach the bottom." Jay responds with a smile, momentarily glancing down at me before going back to work on a pair of trousers.

I do as I'm told and continue the stitch, threading the needle in and out of the fabric before tying it off once I reach the bottom of the skirt. I hold up the blue dress with a proud smile on my face, satisfied with what I accomplished. That's another garment done, just about six more to go.

"I think that one is your best one yet," Jay comments.

"Really?" I respond with a smile, my eyes gleaming brightly at the compliment.

"Definitely," Jay remarks with a small chuckle. "It's nearly perfect."

"I think I'm getting the hang of this now," I reply while gently folding the blue dress before getting up to lay it on the long table. "This is actually really fun." I add while grabbing an already picked out bundle of fabric, laying them out in front of me to see what i'm working with this time.

"I think you would make a great seamstress," Jay comments while snipping a loose thread. "As your official occupation.. Or as my assistant, so that you could learn more before deciding if the job is for you."

"I would love that!" I respond with a toothy grin, catching his glance as he chuckles to himself.

Just then, the silence is disrupted by the sound of the door opening. Both Jay and I turn our heads to the cause or the disturbance, seeing Riki walk in with a little bounce to his step.

"Hey Riki, what's up?" I greet as he stands at the door, sending a smile back to me.

"Jungwon hyung is looking for you. He wants to have a duel.. in the hedge maze." Riki says while pursing his lips together, staring at me expectantly.

"A duel.. in the hedge maze?" I repeat with my eyebrow raised in amusement.

"Yep." Riki simply responds, popping the 'p'.

I shake my head while snickering to myself, looking back down to the fabrics before me. "Tell him that I'm busy at the moment." I respond while beginning to prepare the next needle and thread.