[0.42]

"Alright, it looks like your injuries will be nothing more than a bad bruise. You kids should get going now," the school nurse says while pulling down the rolled up pants on my sore leg. "It's way after school hours."

"What about us?" Beomgyu asks while keeping a bag full of cold ice on his black eye. "Will this be just a bruise?"

"Just keep the ice on it. You'll be fine," she merely replies, causing him to scoff.

"Ice fixes everything," he mutters sarcastically beside me, making me restrain myself from letting out a snicker.

"We should get going, then." Soobin quips while standing up from the waiting bench he was sitting on. "Come on guys," he insists while holding out his hand for Beomgyu, who smacks it away. "It will be dark soon."

"Come on," Taehyun says while helping me up from the cot I was sitting on.

As I head for the bench where my backpack last was, I instead meet Kai who has a smile on his face. "I can carry this for you," he insists while throwing it over his shoulder.

"Thank you, Kai." I smile back as we head for the door, stepping out into the quiet school hallway.

"Aw, isn't Soobinie just the cutest?" Yeonjun coos while wrapping his arm around said boy. Head-locking him as he ruffles his hair aggressively.

"Stop it!" Soobin protests and pushes Yeonjun away, making everyone laugh. "You guys are hurt so, i'm just looking out for you."

"I still can't believe you two fought Sinchae's goons.. right in front of the principal's office." I sigh while shaking my head as I speed up my walking pace.

"Well we didn't see a better time to do it!" Yeonjun replies while jogging a bit to catch up with me. "And besides, no one else was going to do it, so Beomgyu and I had to put those assholes in their place."

"I appreciate it guys, but you don't have to injure yourself for me." I reply while glancing up at him, then sending a glance back at Beomgyu who trails behind us with his arms crossed over his chest. "Seriously, don't injure yourself."

"It was Beomgyu's idea!" Yeonjun blurts out while pointing an accusing finger at Beomgyu, who stares with his mouth agape.

"Oh you asshole!" Beomgyu shouts while rushing up to Yeonjun and jumping on his back, sending them both to the ground with an echoing thud. "It was my idea just as much as it was yours!"

As a laugh bubbles its way up my throat at their bickering, I dash down the hallway with a smile bright on my face, hearing their shouts from behind me.

-

"Wow, it got dark pretty fast." Kai points out as we walk the path to our neighborhoods.

"Well we did spend quite a lot of time in the nurse's office," Taehyun says in response to him, making me hum in agreement.

It's true, it did get dark really fast. I don't think I've been out this late at night since the time Jungwon and I were out together. When he was kind enough to walk me home from our day exploring together.

"Yeah," I mutter quietly, mostly to myself. I steal another glance back at the rest of my friends, who walk at a slower pace a bit behind us- just to make sure they're still actually there.

Soobin walks in between Yeonjun and Beomgyu. From the distance it seems like the two troublemakers keep teasing him, making me snort as I turn back to watch where I'm walking.

All of a sudden I feel the ground below me begin to rumble, making me immediately stop in my tracks.

"What is it?" Kai asks in confusion as he stops walking, once he's noticed I've stopped too.