[0.54]

Yesterday's one-on-one conversation with Jungwon has got me thinking about quite a few things. Specifically, when he mentioned that things regarding the war would become terrible.

Things like;
What if something terrible does happen?

What if things get out of control, and one of us gets hurt?

I lean against the brick wall while heaving a sigh, finding my gaze to land on the boy that's occupied my mind. His dimples peek out as a bright smile adorns his face, smiling brightly as he converses about something with Jake, the two of them clad in formal wear for the occasion.

Jungwon looks quite handsome this evening. He's presented in a royal blue coat, one which accentuates the gold detailing along his front torso, from the neck to the sleeves. His trousers are white, to match the undercoat which peeks out at the neckline, and his tall boots are black.

His extravagant attire is paired with a golden crown which rests upon his slicked back hair, showing off the glimmering purple gem that's encrusted at the tallest part of the piece. There's also a feathered masquerade mask stuffed into both of our pockets— for a few reasons, actually.

Number one, being that since it's still Jungwon's mother's birthday, we should still look nice and try to have fun for the occasion.

Number two, being that if something were to go wrong with the council's plan, we'd at least sort of blend in with the masked crowd— if it were to come to that risky scenario.

Those are the reasons why all of us got dressed up in the first place.

Plus, Jay and I made a few too many gowns for the event, I might as well wear one so our weeks' worth of hard work won't go to waste.

Besides the overbearing thoughts of paranoia regarding the war driving me insane over the night, other thoughts have also clouded my mind.

Thoughts like;
What would you even call Jungwon and I?

We aren't a couple, as none of us has thought to bring up that topic before. We've confessed our reciprocal feelings to each other, but we haven't made anything official.

Would I regret not making a relationship between us official if something were to happen to one of us?

Before it's too late?

Definitely. And that fact is eating me up inside.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts- quite literally, as my brother snaps his fingers in front of my face, causing me to flinch.

I look up at him with wide eyes, to which I receive an expecting look and hum in return. "Huh..? I'm sorry, can you repeat that?" I ask sheepishly while lifting off of the cold wall behind me.

Heeseung lets out a sigh as his shoulders sag downward, walking towards me before placing a warm hand atop my shoulder.

"Come here for a second." he guides me a little further down the corridor, at a good distance from the rest of the group.

"Hee, what is it?" I question with a frown as we come to a stop, just before a lit torch along the brick wall.

"I don't like the idea of us having to separate from each other tonight," he begins, his eyebrows knitting deeply together. "I'm getting a really unsettling feeling about this whole ordeal.. so please promise me that you'll stay safe with Jungwon, okay?"

My stomach churns with uneasiness at his words, but I nod in compliance anyway. "I will, I promise." I affirm before letting out a deep breath, starting to feel the paranoia kick in again.