[0.36]

When Jungwon and I arrive at the front of the castle and through the main gates while panting and out of breath, we're met with the sight of a few women in aprons dispersed around the staircase while cleaning something off of the steps with damp rags.

I glance over at Jungwon for a moment with my eyebrows knit together in a frown, causing him to mirror my expression before we begin to ascend up the staircase. Once we reach the first woman I peek at what she's cleaning, and what I see makes my eyes widen.

"Oh god.." I grimace while staring down at the pool of crimson blood. Immediately the woman looks up at me in surprise, then when she shifts her eyes to Jungwon her eyes widen.

"Your highness," she bows politely while pausing her ministrations to greet Jungwon.

Jungwon sends her a nod of acknowledgment before continuing to ascend up the steps with me trailing hot on his heels behind him. I try not to look at the pools of blood as we pass by more cleaning women, so I keep my eyes trained on Jungwon's back instead.

Once the guards open the main doors and we step inside the castle, I'm met with the sight of even more drops of blood, dispersed around the floor in what looks to be a trail.

"What the hell happened here?" I whisper while leaning into Jungwon's side as an uneasiness settles at the pit of my stomach.

"I don't know.." he trails off with his eyebrows deeply furrowed as he looks around the room, "but let's find out. I have a bad feeling in my gut."

I nod silently as we continue to walk the castle, following the trail of blood drops. We meet a few other cleaning ladies on the way but neither of us really acknowledge each other, too focused on our own perspective missions.

As the trail of blood becomes faint and we reach a very familiar arched wooden door, I take in a deep shaky breath before pushing open the door to the infirmary with the palms of my hands.

Immediately I'm met with the sight of people yelling over one another, while many bodies move frantically around the medical room. My eyes immediately land on Sunoo, who is placed in a chair beside a bed that is occupied by a wounded figure. He seems to be entirely focused on aiding the woman in the bed, completely ignoring all the men who shout in protest to this.

"We're far more injured than that priss! Why the hell aren't you helping those of us who need it much more!" one of the men shouts at Sunoo, to which he simply ignores.

"Answer us you witch!" another man commands, causing Sunoo to look up with a scowl, aimed at everyone who won't shut their mouths.

"I am helping her first because she is the only one who has the decency to shut her mouth and let me do my job properly!" Sunoo hisses back, making it go silent in the room and a snicker to escape from the girl.

As I stare in shock at the situation it seems that the room grows even louder than it was before, causing Sunoo to let out a huff before shaking his head in frustration and continuing to help the girl.

"Sunghoon hyung.." Jungwon murmurs from beside me, making me whip my head around to see what he's talking about.

Sunghoon stands in the far corner of the room with his arms crossed in front of his chest, far enough away from all of the commotion going on.

Jungwon begins to walk quickly over to him, making me pick up my speed almost into a run to follow after him.

"Sunghoon hyung, what is going on? When did you arrive?" Jungwon asks worriedly.

"What happened to everyone?" I quip in, causing Sunhoon to purse his lips together in a straight line as he looks over the two of us.

"The rangers and I.." Sunghoon trails off while scanning over all the people around the room. "Sorian troops were waiting for our arrival in the woods. They surrounded us and left us stuck for days, some of us did not make it back.." he explains before wetting his dry lips with his tongue, his eyebrows deeply furrowed together.