Chapter 8: The Next Step Forward

The next few days had been more than a little hard for Bell. Hestia and Lili had actively avoided him and Bell was still anxious about this secret everyone had been hiding. Thankfully, his friends were very supportive and did their best to ease his busy mind. Though, Bell wasn't the only one with something on their mind.

In the Hostess...

Mia: You want to what now?

Ryuu: I-I would like for you to teach me how to cook.

The dwarf raised her eyebrow at this as she wasn't expecting this kind of request from the elf. She could take a few guesses at why Ryuu was doing this and smirked at each one of them.

Mia: Does a certain boy have to do with this?

She smiled more when Ryuu blushed at her words.

Mia: Hahaha! Now the elf wants to learn how to be a proper woman for her man!

Ryuu: Y-You don't have to say it so loud!

Mia: Anyway, you know this ain't gonna be an easy job for you.

Ryuu fought away her blush and gained a serious look on her face.

Ryuu: I do. I... want to do more for him. I figured this would be a good place to start.

Mia: Did Syr set you up for this.

Ryuu: Um, no, I actually asked her if this was a good idea and she said it was. She did give him lunches before.

Mia: Yeah, well, we'll be working to make sure yours are edible for most people. I'm sure he'll call anything you make delicious, but he'll have more of a reason to when we're done.

She bowed in gratitude.

Ryuu: Thank you, very much!

Mia: Then, we'll be practicing early tomorrow.

The elf nodded and got back to work. The next morning, she woke up and prepared for her lessons with Mia. The dwarf knew what she was dealing with and decided to start very, very slow.

Mia: We can make a simple stew with vegetables and meat. First, you can start by peeling and cutting this potato.

Ryuu: Understood.

She grabbed a knife, in reverse grip, and was about the begin before she was stopped right away by a bash to the head.

*Whack*

Ryuu: Ow!

Mia: The hell are you doing?!

Ryuu: *Holding the potato* I was going to start peeling.

Mia: With that grip?! You look like you're going to mug it!

Potato: (I SURRENDER!)

The dwarf had to show her how to properly hold the knife then how to cut.

Mia: Just like that. I'll be back in a few minutes to see how you do.

She left and Ryuu got to work. By the time Mia got back, she went to observe how the elf did. She saw the chunks were horribly inconsistent with their sizes, but not unworkable.

Mia: You can cut up the bigger ones, then we will move on to the next step.

Ryuu: Yes.

She then taught Ryuu about carrots, the meat and prepping the pot. After about an hour, they finished putting the dish together and Mia was ready to taste test.

Mia: *Slurp*

She tried the stew while Ryuu nervously awaited her response.

Mia: Hm, it's passable.