Chapter 11: Karma's a *bleep* *boop* *dolphin noises*

All over the room, there was a deadly pressure in the air. Most of that was felt in the Hestia Familia as Bell had so boldly claimed he no longer wanted to be part of his Familia. The same one he was Captain of and basically carried to where it was now. That same person had just said they no longer want to be part of the Familia. Naturally, they all had their own opinions about it.

Hestia: B-B-Bell... y-you shouldn't joke around like that!

Lili: Y-Yeah, it's really scary. 

Bell: Who said I was joking?

Lili: Huh?

Welf: Bell?

Bell: I'm not coming home tonight. Goddess, let's go up so you can unseal my blessing.

Hestia: There's no way I'll agree to that! Bell, you're part of my Familia!

Bell: And I don't want to be anymore.

Welf: Bell.

He turned to Welf who sat in his seat but kept his serious expression on his face.

Welf: You're sure about this? 

Bell: *Nods* Yeah, I've made up my mind.

Hestia: B-But what about everything we've been through together?! You'd leave that all behind?

Bell: I've talked with a lot of people, Goddess. I've had plenty of time to reflect on everything that's happened and they all say I'm not treated like the Captain I should be.

Lili: Of course you are! 

Bell: Then why can't I have my own freedom to do what I want? Why can't you respect the important decisions I've made? You could barely stomach Ryuu and now you're acting like this with Syr. I couldn't have told you any sooner unless you were right there with me.

Lili: But Master Bell-

Bell: I wasn't done!

They flinched back when his voice raised up.

Bell: For as long as I've known you, both of you haven't changed much when it came to me. It was like I was always going to be yours. Like I'm just some kind of prize. I just thought it was because of gratitude in your own way. Maybe I thought that because I didn't want to see people important to me in that light, but I can't live like that anymore.

Hestia: Then we can change! You should've just told us!

Bell: How could I tell you anything if you two would just overreact? It was like this when I introduced Ryuu the first time! 

Hestia: But-

Bell: No, I've had enough! I already saw what you did to Syr! You could barely show Ryuu the respect she deserved! If this is how you're going to treat them, then I don't want to be treated like some kind of item anymore longer! Unseal your blessing!

Hestia: NO!!! You can't leave me after everything we've been through together!!

Bell: Yes, I can! You can't deny me my own freedom! 

Lili: *Panicking* Sir Welf! Lady Mikoto! Lady Haruhime!

Welf: *Looking at the ground* Where do you think they get the stuff for this floor?

Mikoto: Wherever it comes from it's clear it's very high quality.

Lili: Come on~!

Bell: So, what's it going to be Goddess?

The tiny goddess whimpered before she saw Syr get up and smirk at her.

Syr: What? You gonna throw another temper tantrum?