Chapter 21 |🪱Worms in My Heart🫀|

⚠️ Warning⚠️
This chapter contains

Graphic Detail
Gore

If this is triggering/uncomfortable then please don't read ahead. Be kind to yourself if you know you won't like it and click off. The rest of you, read ahead with caution.

"Nothing lasts forever, my love."

"I wish I knew where you were."

"I can't stay forever."

|Sonic's.POV|

Feels like that one morning when I woke up to see my other persona laying right in front of me. But after all that's happened, his face doesn't appear too strange to me. It's like he's always gonna be with me in every waking hour. Our eyes open at the same time. The sun shone across both our faces, eyes gleaming with a touch of shame.

"Why are you here?" I mumble, wiping away the drool.

He snarls at me and flickers his ear, "Fuck you..."

I believe we both did some variation of that last night. My head hurts just thinking about it. I know it was an impulsive decision on my part. I was tired of everyone telling me what was good for me. I wanted to make the decision...

I should feel shame but I don't.

"Are you proud of yourself?" The shadow of Amy stands over me with her arms crossed. She was always beautiful to me. Even if she was giving a lecture.

"Nothing about you has changed," I say. I don't know what more I could say, there's no defending this.

Amy has this strange tendency to scrape her tongue with her teeth when she's mad. At times she even bites down on her tongue so hard that it looks like it may explode any moment. "Why?! Why did you come back here?"

...

"Do you even care anymore?!" Tails appears from behind Amy and his face never seemed so disappointed.

So did I care?

Coming back home to a dead serial killer who took my whole life away. My friends, family, and countless lives of innocent people. My other self may have killed Sonia and Manic but he's only murderous because of Shadow. Why would I ever come back home to join a literal monster who took everything away from me only to leave me?

"Nothing matters anymore." My eyes roll.

I throw my blanket off my body and throw myself out of bed so I wouldn't be stuck underneath their judging eyes.

"I feel more surrounded by my loved ones than ever before. I was so lonely for a long time, not by choice. But now everyone is here, it doesn't matter who's dead because now I can see you. Talking to you never fell short." I feel like I'm talking to a wall.

Has a wall ever slapped you?

"He killed us!"

"So what?! You're still here!" I snap back.

"You need to get out of here...detach yourself from him. This is insane." Tails grabs my shoulders and squeezes me with desperation.