Prologe

This is my first fan fiction in a few years. I'm just writing for fun but please, all pointers, suggestions and tips to make my story better will be accepted and considered. Also I'm sorry if I update slowly, I try my best to have heart healthy length chapters so depending if I have a case of writers block it depends when I'll upload the next part. I was going to wait until I had the story finished but I couldn't wait so here it is! I hope you enjoy!

Sincerely, Authour-chan

Lucy POV

"Lucy! Let's get a move on, I don't want to keep the Dragneel's waiting." I heard my Dad yell to me from downstairs.

"I'm coming Dad, just a minute!"

As I looked back to my collection, I finally decided on which one to take, I stuffed the stuffed animal in my little backpack and ran downstairs.

"Sorry Mom, I couldn't decide which animal to take with me." I said with a smile on my face as I walked up to my mom who was waiting for me at the front door.

"It's okay Lucy, put your shoes on and let's get into the car so we can get going. Your father is already in the car, you know how impatient he can get." Mom chuckled as she handed me my favorite shoes to put on.

They were almost getting too small, but thanks to my small feet I've been able to really stretch out wearing these shoes ever since I was about nine. They were a pair of pink shoes that had a small heel, maybe only an inch, with a velcro strap going over the top. Mom always somehow knew which shoes I wanted to wear whenever we went somewhere. As we walked out the door I saw it was a really sunny day outside which was nice considering I wore a yellow tank top and white shorts, smiling to myself as I watched a bird fly over the top of a neighboring house. Maybe Natsu would want to go in the treehouse today. Mom opened the car door for me and I sat in the booster seat I hated so much. I was almost thirteen years old but mom insisted I was too short to sit in the car without it. So I buckled myself in as she closed the door for me and proceeded to get into the passenger seat of the car, giving my father a kiss on the cheek.

"Sorry to make you wait honey."

"It's quite alright dear. I'm in a house with two beautiful women, I really should be less impatient with both of you." Dad replied to Mom while pulling out of the driveway.

I watched all the trees go by looking out the window while Dad drove to Natsu's house, thinking about what he would want to do today.
His parents and my parents have been friends for years. I overhear conversations between Mom and Dad saying when Natsu and I get older they hope we date and eventually marry. Natsu tells me he hears the same from his parents. I wouldn't really mind when thinking about it; He's my best friend, and neither Mom, Dad, Natsu or his parents know that I secretly have a crush on him. I don't really know when it started, but it just happened. One day I just noticed how his smile was so sweet and wholesome. How his eyes lit up when he was looking at something he loved. Natsu will always be a genuinely good person but I don't think he'll ever let go of his childish side and I think that's what I like the most about him; Just because you have to grow up doesn't mean your spirit has to. Except, I know Natsu will never feel the same about me.

As I watch the surroundings change I see us make a turn and pull into Natsu's driveway. I could see him standing between his parents waiting on the porch with a small smile on his face. I smiled myself because I was happy to see him, hearing my parents chuckle drew my attention to them.

"What's so funny?" I asked them.

"Oh, nothing at all sweetie." They both said in unison while sighing, causing them to look at each other and chuckle again before getting out of the car.