Chapter 4: I Finally Vented About It.

Sorry for the delay as of late. Having a case of writers block and my new job leaving me little to no time isn't helping matters either. But hopefully I can get some writing done. Currently working on chapter 8. Glad those who are interested in my story are enjoying. Thank you to whoever voted on the last chapter!

- Author-Chan

Natsu POV

"Gray you just don't get it!"

After my run in with Lucy I sped off to Grays house to try and calm down, but he was having the opposite effect on me since he was clearly still pissed about me at the party yesterday.

"Natsu! Get it through that thick skull of yours! Lucy is not responsible for what happened to your parents! She doesn't even know what happened!" He said slapping the back of my head.

"She doesn't?" I questioned.

"No, she doesn't. Me Erza and Levy all agreed that she shouldn't know. That you could tell her when she came back when she chose to. We all knew Lucy would feel like it's her fault you lost your parents."

"That explains why she said she'd love to see them." I sighed deeply, putting my head in my hands, while sitting down on Grays small couch he had in his bedroom.

"She asked you about your parents?" He asked taking a seat across from me on the edge of his bed, seeing that I've calmed down a bit.

"Yeah. That's why I snapped at her in the first place! I can be civil with someone I hate until they mention the thing I hate them for. I didn't even know it was her. I hadn't recognized her from behind. All I heard when I came out of the store was some girl yelling a one sided conversation." I said leaning forward, my arms propped up with my elbows resting on top of my knees, looking at Gray. "She looked really heated so being a nice guy I wanted to see if the girl was okay. Then one round house kick later I realize it was Lucy. She was just as surprised to see me as I was to see her. Had I known it was her I would've just kept walking to my car."

"I find it hard to believe you didn't recognize her what with basically stalking her at the party yesterday. You can deny it all you want but you're still in l-"

"DONT. Say another word." I said raising my voice a little, pointing a finger at him. My face hard.

Gray responded by rolling his eyes and lifting his hands up in surrender. We both stayed quiet for a moment.

"Seriously though Flame Brain, you gotta let it go. What happens if you guys end up getting assigned seats in class together when school starts. Or assigned partners on a project?" He said taking the bag of snacks I brought with me and looking through it.

"It's easier said than done Ice Princess. Like I said I can be civil with her. So long as she doesn't bring up my parents." I said in a monotone voice, getting sick of the topic of Lucy.

"Then you should really tell her about them dude. That or you'll just keep snapping at her and she'll eventually hate you for it." He started munching on skittles.

"Well if she hates me so be it. It's not gonna bother me any. I already hate her. If I tell her she'll just get sad, my parents were basically another mother and father to her." I said sighing again, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Dumbass. That's EXACTLY why you should tell her. Before she figures it out for herself." Gray said giving me the look that said I'm being an idiot.

"All the more reason for her to hate me and I won't have to deal with her unless it's for school." I shrugged. "Now can we drop the Lucy talk and just play some games man. I wanna shoot some zombies."