Chapter 15: Fighting With Yourself

Natsu POV

Its March now. Sophomore year is coming to a close in a few months. A lots happened since that first month school started and Lucy came home. I never did get the chance or courage to talk to Lucy about how I felt, and maybe, maybe still feel about her deep down. Either way it didn't matter. A few days after that day I sang to her playing my guitar, she and Sting had their date and a date or two after that they made things official and have been dating ever since.

So I patched things up with Lisanna and now -as much as it sucks- that Lucy and I don't really talk anymore unless it's in class or for school work like our English project that we still don't really speak about, or during our shift at the cafe, Liz and I are great. Lucy tries to talk to me like we used to, but typical of me, I pushed her away because I want her to be happy and the only way for me to be happy like I am now with Liz, was to push her away. So now either she's gotten the message or has just given up trying to talk to me. We still write our chapters of the story for the project, so every day in class when she sits down next to me in our assigned seats I give her my next chapter since she holds onto the binder for it.

Lucy and I haven't really actually had a normal conversation since Thanksgiving or Christmas where all of us got together for a party to celebrate. Honestly, I wish I had paid more attention back then. When she was talking to me it seemed like she was asking for help. She seemed like she was really uncomfortable for some reason. Levy was never too far away, and in turn neither was Gajeel since they got together a few months after Lucy and Sting. Erza and Jellal finally got together too, only before everyone else as they apparently kept it a secret for months an no one seems to understand why. At least now we know why she used to space out and stare at a corner of the lunch room.

Gray and Juvia on the other hand... Well... I don't know. They're a different type of situation. Juvia finally got the courage to confess to him, but he's never really given her a yes or no answer, or answer of any kind for that matter. So now she kinda clings to him constantly and he acts like he's not into it but I know him better than anyone. He likes her too, maybe as much as she likes him, but why he doesn't just do something about it I'll never understand. Yet he gets all bent out of shape and when his old childhood friend Lyon that moved to town in January makes a move on her. Not to self: talk to him about it after school today.

Thankfully, I'll be able to do that soon since my study hall period right now is the last period of my day. For study hall I usually leave the classroom which is allowed as long as we don't have any work that needs to be done. So now I'm in the music room of the school, the front part of the room is for the chorus singers, which Lucy as well as Lisanna and pretty much all of our female friends joined this semester. Erza definitely, definitely should not be in that class as I've heard from Lisanna. I've heard Erza sing before, we kinda just let her do her thing because knowing her if anyone tells her to stop because she's hurting their ears, it's pretty much a death sentence. Just like every other thing that she dose. At the back of the room there's a door that leads to another room with pianos, guitars and other instruments.

I usually always come in here during my study halls and just play guitar. I've had a song brewing lately and I don't really know what it is yet. I'm so focused on playing however, I don't notice when three girls walk into the choir room and start talking until I stop playing to write notes down on a paper. It doesn't take me long to recognize the voices as Levy, Juvia, and Lucy. Figuring they're just in there to practice I start to resume playing until I hear the name.

"If Loke is back you need to tell Sting." Levy says.

"Or even Natsu." Juvia adds.

"Why would I tell either of them?" Lucy starts. "Natsu and I aren't exactly friends anymore, which I still dont know why; And Sting won't do anything just like before. The last times I saw Loke was after he was bailed out by his parents and per ordered by the court to give me his vocal and written apology, which I still don't accept.