Chapter 17: Plan Parent Trap

Lucy POV

I haven't spoken to Natsu unless I needed to for school or work. It's been about two weeks since then. Since the night I left sting. Since the night Loke more than likely saved my life.

Since the night Natsu finally told me the truth. And that truth has been almost all I can think about.

Loke keeps his distance from me in school, mostly to not provoke all of my friends, but we still smile and wave at each other which everyone totally doesn't find weird at all. Note the sarcasm. Thankfully, the whole thing with Sting got him expelled from school so I don't have to worry about seeing him ever again. That also means for those that didn't somehow hear about what happened in front of the theater, the rest can put two and two together as to why Sting and I broke up based on my appearance.

My black eye has finally almost completely faded away, but my cheek still has some scabs from where my face scraped against the pavement. Not to mention I'll still have a cast on my left wrist for another few weeks because apparently Sting put so much pressure on my hand it broke. The sprain in my right wrist cleared up in a couple of days thank god as that's my dominant hand

To make matters worse ever since then Natsu and Lisanna have been on a break. He tries to talk to her, to touch her, but she's having absolutely none of it. I feel bad that she must've overheard, or maybe he decided to be honest with her and tell her what happened between us that night. I honestly don't know. I've tried not to pay much attention to him or any of it. But I can't stop thinking about any of it. Because I still feel the same too. He tries to talk to me too and I feel bad but I do my best to ignore him. Even if he asks me to pass him something in the kitchen in the restaurant I don't usually say anything, just hand him said item.

Today's our day off again. Mira has insisted on keeping mine and Natsu's schedule the same, so we always work the same days and hours. That's just made all of this so much harder, and maybe that's why I decided to stay a half an hour late in the library after school on a Friday. To avoid him.

Sadly that didn't work as when I walk out the schools front door there he is leaning against the tree that stands by the staircase to the doors, one foot up against the trunk of the tree, arms crossed and head down. That is, until he hears me exit the building. Once again I do my best to ignore him by beginning to dig in my purse for my car keys, but I guess Natsu's done with the silent treatment because after I walk by him he proceeds to reach out and take my hand in his, stopping me.

"Lucy please wait. Can we just talk. I really don't know what I did wrong or to upset you."

He sounds sincere, and I can tell he's been really sad latley just by the tone of his voice. Yet all the same his words finally make me snap

"Don't know what you did wrong? To upset me? You've gotta be kidding me Natsu. You know exactly what you did. How am I supposed to NOT be upset. You finally told me the truth and professed your love for me. WHILE you have a girlfriend! Whom for all know with how you two have been acting towards one another seems like she heard all of it. I don't blame her for being upset with you. Hearing her boyfriend is in love with two women at once is definitely not something I'd describe as fun." I scoff.

"I told her. I told her what I said to you."

That. That just irks me even more.

"Oh so you can be honest with her but not with someone you claimed to be your best friend?!"

"That's not-"

"Honestly Natsu what do you expect me to do with all of this? You can't just be in a fit of rage one minute and then decide to spill your guts about everything you've lied to me about since I came back the next." I can tell pretty soon I'm going to start yelling.