Chapter 1: I'm Home Magnolia

Lucy POV

I woke up screaming, shooting up from my pillow gasping for breath. Taking a few deep breaths I take in my surroundings. Looking around my apartment I finally realized I was in my bedroom. Shaking my head I threw the covers off after seeing it was 9am on my alarm clock, and walked to my bathroom to take a shower. I can't believe it was just a dream. It was a dream about something that actually happened, but for something that happened four years ago it felt so real. Like it happened yesterday, but it didn't. I've been dreaming of Natsu in general lately. Maybe because even though it's been four years since I've seen him, I'm still in love with him.

When Igneel and Grandeeney had gotten to the hospital we all jumped out of the car and ran inside to the front desk, getting my fathers room number and proceeding to run there. When we entered the room my father was conscious but hardly. I remember the doctors saying they think he was holding on so that he could say goodbye to me. I think they were right. I remember running to my fathers bed side hugging him for dear life, pleading with him not to leave me. He looked at me with sad but somehow happy eyes, telling me that he and my mother loved me with all their heart, and that he regretted being so impatient with us all the time. That he was happy to have seen me grow into the beautiful young women I was.

He then asked Igneel and Grandeeney to take care of me, adding that he knew it was too much to ask but he trusted them with my life. They wholeheartedly accepted and told my father that I would be well taken care of. He told Natsu to never leave my side to which he swore that promise to my father, shaking his hand. Dad had looked at me one more time with a pure smile, telling me that he loved me. Bawling my eyes out I told him I loved him and mom too. After that he slowly closed his eyes and drew his final breath. I never thought I could cry or scream as hard as I did that day.

I only remember bits and pieces of that night after that. After I finally stopped crying I had gone mute. The doctors knelt down in front of me on the floor where I sat, asking if I wanted to see my mothers body to say goodbye before it was taken to the morgue. When I didn't answer, Grandeeney said that she would tell my mother that I loved her, and went with the doctor to see my mothers body, leaving me with Natsu and Igneel. Next thing I knew I was back in my room sitting on my bed, Natsu was helping his parents pack some of my things so that I could stay at their house. They said something about getting the necessities first and the rest later when his parents would take over selling my parents house and belongings as they promised my father they would take care of me.

After that I was back in the Dragneel home, sitting on the couch in the living room with Natsu trying his best to comfort me, looking at me worriedly. His parents were in the guest room setting the room up for me and putting my sheets and pillows on the bed in hopes to make me more comfortable to sleep that night . I could hear them arguing. Grandeeney was heartbroken because my mother was her best friend. Igneel was mad because he blamed himself for the fact that he didn't go with my father rather than my mother go with my father, that way I would've only lost one parent. To which Grandeeney screamed at him saying if he did that then Natsu would've lost his father too. Which he responded by signing, apologizing and saying that at least if that happened, his wife would still have her best friend, and Natsu and I would still have our mothers to take care of us. There was silence for a bit before I heard Grandeeny speak to Igneel again.

"What if we adopted her? I feel like someone in her family will come and take her home with them once news of Jude and Layla gets around." Grandeeney almost pleaded with her husband to agree.

He was quiet for a moment. "Jude and Layla never made a will because they obviously never thought their time wouldn't come so soon. Without their want of us to become her guardians in writing, if someone from her family comes for her, we can't stop them. As much as I would love for her to be our own to prevent something like that, we can't deny her her family. They're all she has left." Igneel responded sadly to his wife.