ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 2

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

𓆩*𓆪

You slowly opened your eyes as the soothing voice of your best friend pulled you out of your dreams. As you looked around, you noticed the outlines of Liyue Harbor in the distance. A smile quickly grazed your features as you leaned a little over the railing and gazed at the busy Harbor. All the buildings, the people, everything.. it looked so much different than inazuma.. but you still liked it. It was.. nice for a change.

You looked over at Kazuha to see him sitting on the railing with one foot hanging down over the edge and the other resting on the railing as well while he pulled his knee closer to his chest. The wind blew through his platinum blonde hair and his eyes shimmered brightly.

"Are you excited?" His calming voice spoke, he kept his eyes directed at the Harbor as you walked up next to him.

"Yes.. I am.. I've never been in liyue Harbor- or well.. I've never really had the chance to look around." You replied as you kept your eyes focused on the busy Harbor. A few merchants were calling out to people to come closer, a few kids were playing on one of the boats and you saw a brunette girl with pigtails and a cute hat running around and questioning a few people about something. A taller man with almost black hair that faded into orange on the ends was following behind her. Though, even from afar, you could tell he seemed a little bothered by how lively the woman appeared to be.

You chuckled to yourself and waited for the boat to come to a halt. Once it did, you grabbed your bags and waved a goodbye to captain Beidou. Though Kazuha had decided to accompany you to your hotel. There had been a few change of plans shortly before you left and it turned out that you'd be staying at Liyue for a bit longer than planned— you were supposed to finish some more business with Quixing. Ayato had asked you to do that for him.

You walked through Liyue and admired the tall buildings and the way everything was built in general.

"It's way different than inazuma.." You mumbled to yourself and heard Kazuha agree to your statement. You looked over to him with a bright smile on your face as you nodded.

The rest of the walk was relatively quiet. Though it wasn't really an awkward silence since you two often just enjoyed each other's company just like this.

Once you arrived at your hotel, Kazuha stopped with a frown and looked down at the ground. You noticed and laid your hand on his shoulder before pulling him into a hug. Your sudden actions made him blush slightly as he wrapped his arms around you as well.

"I'll miss you— promise me you'll be careful.." He whispered gently into your ear which sent shivers down your spine.

"Don't worry- I'll be careful.. I'm strong enough to defend myself.. but I'll miss you as well." You replied and continued to hug him for a few more seconds before you pulled away and lightly ruffled his hair. He smiled as he watched you pick up your bags again and quickly disappear into the hotel. However, it was strange.. there was barely anyone inside the hotel, and the few people that were there wore strange masks? Those masks..