[8]

Richie and Eddie snuck downstairs and sat at the small dinning table eating off of the cake Stanley had made, It was already mostly gone from the others eating it. The two laughed as they played 'Never have I ever' asking the most stupid questions.

They kept playing till the sun started to rise and Richie insisted they go on the roof and watch the sunrise. It took Richie a few seconds to get up through Eddie's bedroom window and pulled Eddie up wrapping his arm around his waist the other holding onto the chimney while Eddie wrapped both his arms around Richie's neck.

They sat against the chimney as the sun rose, hues of purple and orange casting a glow across town, Eddie slowly fell asleep as Richie watched the sunrise. He breathed deeply then looked over at Eddie and sighed.

"You're the most beautiful nightmare I've ever seen." He shifts a little closer admiring the boy.

He never gets to anymore. He always tries to ignore Eddie while he's in his house because maybe if he doesn't pay him any mind, he won't fall any harder and everything might hurt a little less.

That wasn't the case, being around Eddie made his cheeks burn, he's felt it ever since they were little. Being without Eddie or his other friends made his arms ache, it was a weird feeling, like when you hold onto something really tight then finally let  go and your arms forgot they were supposed to do more than hold that thing. Well the losers were his thing he was holding, he had never wanted to let go of them though.

He scooted back to his original spot and woke Eddie up, Eddie slowly blinked awake and grins at him. Richie grins back.

"Come on eds, let's get you into bed before everyone wakes up." He scoots over to the edge above the window and Eddie follows.

"But I should be up before them, it's my house."

"I'll play as the host for now, you just get some sleep." They get back inside and

Eddie sits in bed and whispers, "At least come sit with me till someone wakes up." he pulls on his sleeve while climbimg under the soft comforter holding it open for Richie.

Richie's gaze softens as he climbs into the warmth next to him. He watches the screen as Eddie falls back to sleep his back facing Richie but still close.

Richie watches the main character dance around with her lover, he loved this movie, 'Funny face' staring Audrey Hepburn. She was his favorite celebrity, She stared mostly in romance movies that Richie adored. He got Eddie hooked on her too, This was Eddie's favorite movie, Richie's was 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'.

Richie softly hummed along to the song and waited until Beverly sat up yawning and stretching. He stopped and glanced over at her, She looked at him and smiled.

"Richie, You came." He nodded and she stood up climbing over the other kids sitting on the bed next to him, "When'd you get here?"

"Late last night. Everybody was already knocked out except eds."

Beverly nods and pats the back of his hand. "I'm glad you came, he was looking out for you the whole day. Thought the kid was gonna up and leave if you didn't show up on your own."

Richie looked at him chuckling, "I'm just so great, can't be a party without the trashmouth."

Beverly giggles and pulls her hand back "Wanna come outside with me?"

Richie nods and slowly gets up following Beverly outside, she grabs her purse from the couch once they get downstairs and pulls out a small box, She takes it to the table and rolls out a joint for them.

They take it outside and Richie is the first to take a hit, then another, and another. They finish it off and Beverly rolls another, they're above the clouds by the time they finish a couple more and he's telling her everything.