[12]

It's been three weeks and the group decided have a last minute sleepover at Bill's house. Richie and Eddie hadn't brought up his confession since it happened. It was..starting to make both of them annoyed and it was showing everytime the group hung out.

Richie was more silently angry and wasn't playing video games with the rest of the group.

Eddie was more snippy than usual and more outspoken.

The act was starting to make everybody else uncomfortable. So when everyone showed up before the two they all talked in the kitchen. Ben sat at the island with Beverly laying on her back on the counter next to him swinging her foot and eating a donut. Bill sat Criss cross on the counter across from her, Stan leaning on the wall, arms crossed next to him and Mike and Ben sat on the floor little ways away from them.

"Okay maybe they just got in a real big fight." Beverly turned over onto her stomach propping herself up on her elbow.

Bill looked at her "They fig-fight all the time. W-hy would this time be different?"

Stan shrugged "Maybe Richie finally did it."

The group went wide eyed and looked at him.

Ben leaned forward "You really think so?"

"I dunno, maybe he got tired of waiting. Maybe Eddie encouraged it. Mayb-"

Beverly shoots up "Maybe Eddie did it!"

Bill shakes his head "Guys I dou-doubt either of them did."

Stan turns towards him narrowing his eyes. "Eddie's been bitting his cuticles which he only does when he's absolutely terrified, and Richie's quiet and really easily ticked off. Could be because Eddie rejected him and Eddie's scared to know another boy likes him."

Bill goes quiet and Beverly covers her mouth saddened "You really think Eddie rejected him?"

"Well if he didn't you think they'd be this upset?"

Mike sighs "Maybe he just got up and left."

Ben traces his fingers through the grout in the tile. "Wouldn't that still be rejection?"

"Well not exactly, it's more of a 'My lifelong best friend just told me he's in love with me, I don't know how to process this.' You know?"

Ben nods "I suppose that could've happened."

Richie and Eddie barge in talking over each other and getting louder by the second, The group looks over at them.

"God you're suck an asshole."

"I'm the asshole? You've got a big mouth for someone who's in-"

Richie scoffs and cuts him off "Yeah why don't we talk about that by the way? Huh?"

Eddie presses his lips together and Richie shakes his head "Of course we won't. You'll just ignore it again, and every single time I try."

Eddie looks away, "Richie that's not fair."

"It's not fair? You want it to be fair? Well too fucking bad Eddie. That's not how anything works. If it was I wouldn't have changed, you wouldn't be wrapping me like a goddamn mummy every time you saw me, and I wouldn't be arguing with you right now!"

Eddie looks at Richie and swallows getting closer to him touching the middle of Richie's chest with his pointer finger his demeanor getting extremely dark. "It's not fair that you're making your trauma my fault."

Richie puts his face closer to Eddie's, "It is your fault. It's not fair that I fell for you of all people. And you're the one punishing me for it."

Eddie puts his arms down and stays quiet slowly shaking his head.

Richie bites the inside of his cheek and his eyes gloss over as he inhales deeply. "I'm in love with you Eddie. And I don't think it'll ever go away, But I hate myself for it."

The group can feel the energy shift, it was so rapid and intense. Beverly's shoulders go back as she gawks at Richie feeling the fear he is in that moment. Eddie's eyes flutter before they get small and he's unironically reaching for Richie's face, But as soon as he gets there Richie throws the front door back open and is halfway down the street.