[9]

Eddie walks out of the bathroom after a couple hours of panic through his cut, Richie's confession, and the fact that it bothered him. He walks into his room and looks at Richie he clenched his fists and went out the window onto the roof.

He sat looking at the stars and pulls his legs close to his chest, he felt his lip start to quiver and tried to take a breath to calm himself but let out a sob instead. 

By the time the sun had started to come up Eddie was gasping for breath between coughs, his eyes were burning and his head was pounding. He wipes tears and snot off of his mouth and stares at the shingles on the roof.

Richie wakes up and blinks before squeezing his eyes shut and groaning in pain, He goes to hold his head but his hands were sore from squeezing his hands together all night. 

He sits up slowly and looks around, feeling the breeze from the open window he looks over and walks sticking his head out the window. He looks up hearing the sniffling and pulls himself on the roof.

Eddie looks over at him trying to wipe everything away and Richie quickly goes over to him and cups his face in his hands wiping the tears away.

"Eddie how long have you been up here? What happened? Are you okay?"

Eddie pulls Richie's hands off of his face and back up, "You told me you were gay."

All the color in Richie's face immediately disappeared his heart pounding just as loud as his head.

"No."

Richie's peripheral vison blacks out, he can't have done that, he didn't tell Eddie he just didn't.

"Richie."

"No!"

Eddie watches as hot tears roll down his face, Eddie was just trying to steady his breathing as he watched Richie completely unfold in front of him.

Richie dug his nails into his palms. his veins peaking out of his arms, his head was hung down and he was silently sobbing.

Eddie's eyebrows pulled together and he clenched his teeth.

"Richie."

He stayed silent, Maybe if he was quiet. just maybe he'd disappear."

"Richie I won't tell anyone and I still want to be your friend okay?"

Richie looked up and immediately sighed "No you don't, right? It's not a big deal. Not like we talked anymore anyways." He got up and turned getting off the roof and through the window, Eddie close behind shutting it.

"If you're going to disappear can I at least know who it was?"

Richie kept walking and Eddie ran in front of him.

"Richie listen to me."

Richie stopped and looked at him, There was a few inches of space in between them. Enough where they weren't touching but if one leaned forward their foreheads would touch.

"Who? Is it Stan?"

Richie's gaze darted all over his face looking for a distraction.

Eddie watched his eyes.

"Is it me?"