[11]

Halfway through the movie Eddie falls asleep, Richie yawns and stretches  turning the TV off and laying down. He sighs and looks over at Eddie's slightly parted lips and calm state, He turns on his side putting his arm under the pillow while the other rests next to Eddie's head. He extends his pinky out gently touching Eddie's cheek, He pulls it back and smiles softly.

"God this is dumb huh Eds? I mean look at us. The fag falling for the straight innocent kid." He whispers chuckling to himself.

He brushes his finger across Eddie's lip, And Eddie slowly stirs awake and looks at Richie. He backs his head away, Richie looking up at him.

"You ever kissed a girl Eds?"

"Richie what?"

"Please just answer the question."

"It's late, go to bed."

"Come on Eds, Have you?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you like it?"

Eddie looks at Richie's expression, It was...dark. Kind of envious.

"Not really."

"Why's that?"

"It was awkward and embarrassing."

Richie nods and hoods his eyelids getting tired.

"What about you?"

"Lots of 'em"

"Do you like it?"

"Not a single time."

Richie looks at Eddie through his lashes grinning, Eddie's eyes scrunch together.

"Why?"

Richie doesn't answer, just turns his back to Eddie.

"Because you're gay?"

Richie's grin lessens, He turns so he can see Eddie.

"We'll go with that, alright Eds?"

Eddie nods "Goodnight Richie."

"Night Eddie Spaghetti."

The next day they spend the day in Richie's room, Eddie read his newest comics while Richie made a new mixtape. Eddie's head hung over the bed his feet flat against the mattress, Richie rolls his chair over holding a cassette over his head letting him read it. Eddie moved the comic to read it.

'Little wildflower'

"What's that one mean?"

"Hope lost in a field of failure, Hope falls in love with chaos, Hope becomes reckless because of said romance. Hope turns into the lovesick lost cause with no off button, Therefore Wildflower."

There's this thing about him, he loves giving deeper meanings about his mixtapes. Hope is him, failure is everyone and everything, Chaos is Eddie.

"I like it, what's on it?"

Richie turns the tape over to the list he wrote on the back and hands it to Eddie going back to his desk. Eddie reads them until one catches his eye.

'Eddie My Love'

He goes back to the top reading the titles again.

1.  Your Song - Elton John

2. Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division

3. More Than A Feeling

4. Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley

5. I Want To Hold Your Hand - The Beetles

6. Africa - TOTO

7. Heart Of Glass - Blondie

8. Eddie My Love - The Chordettes

9. Boys Don't Cry - The Cure

10. Where Is My Mind? - Pixies

Richie looks at Eddie through the little mirror on his desk, His hands tense up and he holds his breath staying completely silent, He watches Eddie's lips move as he reads the titles over and over to himself. He sets the tape down and looks at the ceiling, Richie slowly looks at the desk his face getting warmer, The longer Eddie stays silent Richie Feels like time keeps expanding. But finally Eddie sits up and turns towards Richie.

"Richie."

Richie doesn't move or speak, He's terrified.

"Richie." Eddie's scared too, He's pretty sure he knows what happened but if he's right...What is he supposed to say?

Richie finally turns around hesitantly.

"Richie Are you- Did you try to tell me something?"

Richie's eyes were fixated on the ground, he makes a quiet noise in agreement, Eddie sucks in a breath.

"Is it a romantic thing?"

Richie nods

Eddie looks everywhere else as he heavily breathes, Richie sinks in on himself more. Eddie closes his eyes and sighs, he gets up walking over to Richie and hugs him making him sit up, Richie hugs back.

"Please don't give me sympathy."

"I'm not."

Eddie tightens his grip on him shoving his face in his shoulder, "I promise."