Storm of Emotions

Sofia's POV: It was so nice for Nick and his brothers to let me stay over at their place. I don't think I can put it into words as to how much I missed them and how I wished that we never fell out of touch. I'm so happy that they were happy to see me after not seeing me for a long time. Before the games started, I wanted to get In and Out and possibly get some snacks for the night as well. "Hey Boys, are you down to get In and Out before we start the night?" Matt clearly kept his amazing sense of humour; he answers by throwing me the keys to their car. As we got into the car, Matt said that I should sit in the front seat next to him. I agree, getting out of the middle back seat between Nick and Chris and into the front. My eyes widen when I see his hand on my thigh; I never knew that he would do that. The fact that we just reunited after 6 years with any contact and he still has feelings for me warms my heart.

He hands the aux cord as I sign that he wants to hear my favourite songs. I know for a fact that one of their all-time favourite songs is "Lip Gloss" by Lil Mama. I say sarcastically, "Guys, I'm about to play a song, I'm not too sure if you know it, but if you do, sing along." They all look at each other with confusion written all over their faces then shrug. Their faces light up the second they heard the opening first couple of notes and got all hyped up. Nick screams, "Okay, Okayyy''. I apply my lip-gloss and dance in my seat as we all sing, "Whatchu know 'bout, whatchu whatchu know 'bout me. They say my lip-gloss is poppin, my lip- gloss is cool, all the boys love it, they chase me after school." We arrived at In and Out; I wasn't that hungry, so I just ordered a cheeseburger and a small Sprite. We get back home, and it starts to storm, and personally, wet weather is my favourite kind of weather because you can wear oversized hoodies and drink hot cocoa. I manage to find a pack of Jolly Ranchers that I put in a bowl for all of us to share as we get through the night.

Chris's POV: Throughout our friendship with Sofia, I've realized that Matt had been spending more time with her than all of us and I think I know why. Sofia calls us into the living room and announces, "Boys, we are going to have fun tonight, more fun than we've ever had in our lives ever. To start we start off with spin the bottle, where we spin the bottle and whoever it lands on, they have to expose one of their deepest secrets, if you don't you, you have to have a shot of lemon juice mixed with hot sauce, and then ending the night with truth or dare, but 18+ edition, you'll get it as we go along." We all sit around the living room table, and Matt starts off by spinning the bottle first. I spin the bottle, crossing my fingers that it doesn't land on me. I let out a sigh when it lands on Matt; my eyes widened as I hope to God that he doesn't mention me in his confession. Chris says, "It landed on you Matt, Fess up!" Matt looks Sofia in the eye and says, "I have a crush!" The rest of us start to chant, "Name drop, Name Drop!!" He says once again, "I'm not saying her name, but I'll give you a hint, her name starts with an S." At that point, Sofia was breathing heavily, knowing that Matt was talking about her, whose name starts with an S.

I couldn't help but notice that Sofia was breathing quite heavily and had tears in her eyes that could come down her face at any minute now. I could tell that something must be upsetting her. I excuse myself and Sofia as I take her into the guest room and ask her if she's okay. Trying not to make things harder than it already is, I ask her in a soft voice as I gently pull her close to my chest for a hug, "Hey Sof, are you okay bestie?" The shoulder part of my shirt felt wet; I looked down and saw her crying her eyes out, not wanting to let go of me. In my attempt to comfort and calm her down, I say, "Hey, Sof, look at me, its okay, you're okay. Everything is okay. Everyone has their own unique way of relieving stress, yours is crying it out or listening to music while drawing, and hey, I do that as well when my anxiety gets the better of me, so it's all good." After a while, she lets go of me and sits up against the wall floor with her head in her hands, still crying. I could tell that she was trying to calm herself down; she's still hyperventilating but not as rapidly as she was before, which is a sign that she's a little calmer now.