Chapter 25: The End of The War

Clementine crept through the halls of the school. One by one she slicing the throats of the Delta members. She could hear distant screams and pleas of mercy from a distance. Even on her time in the field she had never been coated in so much blood. It all somehow became a blur. The blood that is. The amount of blood  in the human body on average is 1.3 gallons. Yet, when you are covered in it and it is spilled before you--because of you-- there seems to be so much more.

     One motion to take down the men four times her size. She gathered ammo, knives, a single arrow, and guns from her fallen victims. She retraced her steps cutting off one thumb at a time. Murphy's law of combat number nineteen, when you have secured the area don't forget to tell your enemy. This felt like a dream--a nightmare. Clementine had seen this before. The people she loved slaughtered. Their lifeless eyes open, staring at her with frozen terror. How cruel the world is. To give her so many things to love, and take them away. Surely humans were not built for such things. To suffer such fates.

    Perhaps it was the fear of them being dead, or having to live without them that forced all her progress to regress. She watched the blade force it's way the the muscle and tendons. One last body fell before she reached the music room. The last place she saw everyone. Smoke was leaking from the door. A warm hue of orange peering under alongside it. Whatever was behind the doors existing with a mighty blaze was uncertain. Carnage was the only thing on Clem's mind. But not her own. Murphy's law number four, there's always a way. 

    One by one she rolled the severed thumbs under the door. Low muffles could be heard on the inside. There was one last fate to finish, and that was Lily's. Clem pulled out one of the revolvers she had found on one of the Delta soldiers. Her thumb steadying on the trigger. The door flung open revealing badges she had grown accustomed to seeing. One final glance at their faces and she pulled the trigger. Clear head shots one after another. The fire of the gun bounced off the walls and vibrated through her body. She stepped over the bodies revealing the one person that was to blame for all this. 

    Lily held a machete to James' throat, and AJ's head beneath her boot. Marlon was tied up in the corner, his face swollen to the point of being unrecognizable. His hair was the only characteristic giving him away. Ten was sitting behind Violet who had her hand covering her eye that seemed to be bleeding. There was someone missing, Louis. "Where is he you filthy fuck?" She spat.

    Lily grinned "Now, now Clementine. Is that anyway to speak to an old friend?" Her blade began to sink into James' flesh while the weight of her boot continued to crush into AJ's head. A hand fell out from behind the chair which Lily was standing in front of. A hand that was missing a thumb. "I like what you did there, cutting off the thumbs of my soldiers, letting me know it was you coming. Very clever to use a signature of the Delta." 

    A groan came from behind the chair. At the very least she knew Louis was alive. "Clem..." AJ muttered before more weight was pushed down onto him he let out a cry in pain.

    Lily sensed Clementine's worry for everyone in the room. She smiled. "You don't have the fight in you anymore." Clementine looked at her a flicker of confusion crossing her features. "I can see the way you looked for each of them." Her laugh was sinister.

     Whatever relief she felt quickly subsided. "It's me you want." Clementine took a slow careful step forward, dropping the gun and raising her hands. Just...just let them go and you can have me, kill me if you want. Just let them go."

    Lily stared at her in disbelief. "Where is the soldier, the fighter, the war hero? Don't pretend like you are a person now that you're here. We both know what you are, and you don't surrender." She pulled out a combat pistol from her holster pointing at Clementine.