seven | the finn thing

★Wednesday 23th June, 1999★

Wednesday 23th June, 1999

"Mom! I'll be back. I'm just going to see Finn and Lou. Love you." I slam the front door shut behind me, pulling my Rolling Stones tote over my shoulder. I always have to hide it from my parents, ninety percent of the time it's tucked under my winter sweaters that sit at the top of my wardrobe. And the ten percent, I'm proudly carrying her in the basket of my bike.

Stuffed inside are my famous chicken sandwiches. One layer of cheddar cheese, three slices of bacon and seasoned chicken, a bunch of rocket, with garlic aioli thinly spread on sourdough bread.

I make it for Finn and I every time we eat lunch together.

And today is no different even if I have the lingering thought that he's cheating on me with my brother all thanks to what Harry said yesterday but before I come to any conclusions, everything is fine for the moment.

Well, at least that's what I keep telling myself. Everything's fine and I should trust my boyfriend and my brother. They wouldn't do something like that, especially knowing how much it would crush me and possibly make me go down a depressive spiral where I hate life and myself, never trusting any male in my life ever again but like i said, they would never do that.

Never.

I make the usual route to the church, my bike is still there from when I had to deliver religious propaganda pamphlets my Father had made for his church buddies. Everything from homophobia, sexism and subtle racism was jam packed in the small eight inch by eleven inch pamphlet.

Some days I really do hate being the only daughter of a Father like mine.

Unlucky for me, today is the day the heatwave starts and I can already feel it. What would usually be a quick sweat-less walk to the church has turned into looking like someone dumping a bucket of water over myself. At least that's how I feel. I know that sometimes you think you're sweating like a pig but in reality it's all in your head but I know for a fact I most likely should have doused myself in deodorant. Like a full body shower in it.

Only fifty more yards to go though. Hopefully on my bike ride, the wind will be useful in drying the sweat off my body.

God I feel icky. Fingers crossed my sandwiches are still okay.

"Josephine!" Someone calls out behind me. Wait, I know that British accent anywhere.

Turning my head, I see the man who I keep seeing sitting in his cute little Volkswagen. Still can't get over that that's his car. The black tinted sunglasses sit perfectly on the bridge of his nose, letting out a slither of his eyes behind the glasses. With an all familiar smirk spread across his lips, I knew he was up to something.

"Never beating the stalking allegations I see." I walk over to lean across the door, peering inside the well kept interior.

"No time for antics Josephine, I have a plan."