eight | the five stages of being that bitch

★Friday 25th June, 1999★

Friday 25th June, 1999

The chirping of birds, the warm morning sun, the soft touch of fresh bed sheets, the comforting feeling of arms wrapped around you. This feels nice. This feels so much better compared to the past twenty-four hours I've been put through. Barbie's been there for me through it all. I'm actually surprised I didn't scare her or the rest of the gang off.

She has been a real champ dealing with me. I wouldn't say I've been the sweetest cup of tea but give me a break. I saw my brother getting it up the ass by my boyfriend. Actually, my ex-boyfriend now.

I've been going through the five stages of grief within a twenty-four hour period.

Denial. What a bittersweet thing. It's like being selectively ignorant and man was that probably my longest stage.

"Barbie, maybe Finn was giving Lou like some good back massage ya know?"

"Babes, massaging his prostate is not something those massage places offer. Okay, maybe the happy ending ones but that's it."

Anger. Harry got the brunt of this one.

Stood in only a towel after my hour long depression shower, everything and anyone was irritating me. Look at me wrong, I'll yell at you. Say the wrong thing, you won't hear the end of it from me.

Poor old Harold did just that.

"Josephine, accept that your boyfriend was fucking your brother. You aren't going to be able to move on if you keep denying you saw it happen in real time." I guess Harry was kinda over Barbie babying me because he pulled me away from her warm embrace as we sat on the bed, my feet touched the floor and his hands stayed firm on my shoulders looking me dead in the eye.

"Harry, just let her process everything at her own pace. This didn't happen to you so you have no authority telling her what she should do and when." Barbie stands up as well, glaring dagger at the man.

"Well she needs to stop moping around over that lying-ass dickhead and her bitch of a brother. The sooner she gets over it, the better for not just her but all of us. Josephine hasn't left this room the whole time she's been here. Isn't that a little concerning to you."

"A day and a bit isn't that bad. Stop being a an annoying fucker and let her be, jesus." Barbie comes closer to Harry and I, wrapping her hands around his, trying to draw them away from their place on my shoulders.

They continued to argue and usually I would just zone out but hearing Harry say over and over again how my brother and boyfriend fucked and that they probably fucked for months really hurt. I was already too hurt to be sad so I turned that emotion into another. Anger.

"You know what Harold," I ripped my body away from him and stare the man down, my arms cross over and I give him hell, "Last time I checked, you weren't in a fucking relationship. You won't even let anyone get close enough to date you. You're closed off and an all around dick. You belittle anyone at any chance you're given. Don't even get me started on the hot and cold moods you get. One minute you want to be besties, want to fuck me, and the next, I'm a nobody to you or just someone to kick while they're already done."