5.

There's nothing better than waking up to the beautiful sunset, which was one of the main reasons I moved into this apartment. Although I enjoyed working from home, I was ready for something different.

I love kiddos, I just don't have any of my own.

I decided to sign up for a nanny position a few weeks ago. I haven't had any luck, until just now.

I looked down at my email and saw a hit.

Hello Kayla,

My name is Jason. I am the owner of Just Fitness. I am also one of the personal trainers there as well. My wife is Adayomi (Yomi) she is a divorce attorney. We have two lovely daughters named Passion (10) and Royalty (7).

My wife and I work long hours most days. Sometimes my daughters have school events that we can't make, due to our crazy work schedules. I'm currently working on that.

I'm looking for someone to be an extra set of hands and eyes. This is my first time reaching out for a nanny, which means I'm willing to discuss any accommodations that you may have.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Jason

I looked at the attached photos.

"Oh wow they are a beautiful family

"Oh wow they are a beautiful family." I smiled in hopes of having my own family one day.

Hey Jason,

Thank you for considering me. I am highly interested in the position. I would love to schedule a meet and greet with you and your wife first, so that we can meet personally. I want to make sure I am a great fit for the both of you. Let me know what you two come up with. I'll attach my personal cell number at the bottom of this email.

Thank you,
Kayla

I guess now I'll just sit back and wait.

Almost instantly I received a text from Jason with a location and a time. I decided to go ahead and get dressed since I only had an hour to get ready.

** THE MEETING **

I walked inside the restaurant and spotted Jason, but not his wife. "Hello, you must be Jason." I smiled.

"Hey, and you must be Kayla. Nice to meet you." He smiled as he stood up and extended his hand. "Have a seat."

He never sat back down until I did, as he helped pushed my chair in.

"Thank you."

"How has your day been so far?" He asked.

"Hasn't been too bad. I wasn't doing too much today. How about you? Where's your wife?"

He exhaled a tad bit. "She couldn't make it. She told me to go ahead and meet with you."

"I see. Soooo what all are you looking for in a nanny?"

"The mornings are fine. But it's the getting them from school. After school events. Homework. Weekend family trips. You know, things like that. Dinner."

"Gotcha. So basically you'll need me to be there when they get out of school until bedtime, and sometimes you'll want me to go on family outings?"

"If you're up to it."

"I am."

"How much would you like to get paid? Weekly, biweekly? You tell me." He said.

"I mean, I don't know what you're willing to pay." I laughed.

"Starting off with $1500 a week? Then go from there."

"Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that much. You don't have to do that."

"I have two vocal daughters. That's double the work you would be doing for one." He said causing both myself, as well as Jason, to share a laugh.

"Okay if you insist. I wish I could meet your wife."

"You will. I'll talk to her tonight. See what her schedule is looking like. That way you can meet my wife and the girls."

"Sounds perfect to me. Thank you." I smiled.

"Let's order some food. My treat."

"You don't have to do that."

"Anytime you're around me, I will do that."

Something about this man...

But I knew I needed to snap out of this.

I'm here to work, not snatch someone away from their wife.

Or am I?

☀️