9.

I parked my 2018 Toyota Highlander in the vacant parking spot at the gym. I gave myself a once-over, before getting out and locking my vehicle.

Soon as I walked inside I was greeted by a guy that I'm assuming worked here. "Good afternoon, my name is Shawn. May I help you?"

"Hey Shawn, I'm looking for Jason. Is he available?"

He gave me a curious look. "May I ask do you have an appointment with him?"

"I'm sorry. My name is Kayla. I am the nanny to his daughters. He told me to stop by."

Shawn put his fist up to his mouth. "Be right back." He smiled.

I just smiled and shook my head. I already knew what he was thinking, but there's nothing going on with Jason and I.

Strictly business.

Moments later, Jason appeared. "Hey Kayla." He smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm great. How are you? How's work?"

"You know what, I haven't had anyone to ask me that. I appreciate you. But work is going pretty good. I have a training session in the next 15 minutes. I really appreciate you. Do you need anything?"

"Not at this moment."

"When you get there, if you are missing something or need anything, let me know. I will either go out and buy it or cashapp you. I don't want you spending anything that you don't have too."

"You are too kind." I smiled.

"Oh, here's the key. Sorry about that. The girls should be home around 345 - 4 o'clock."

"That's perfectly fine. The room I'll be staying in is the only bedroom downstairs correct?"

"Yes, that is correct. Help yourself to anything in the house. I'll see you soon." He smiled.

"See you later."

JASON'S POV

"Brooooooooo! Who the fuck?" Shawn asked.

"That's the nanny."

"She is fine. You sure she is just the nanny?"

"I just met her. She's the nanny. Nothing more. I'm married." I laughed while holding up my ring finger.

"But is your wife married to you?"

I playfully punch him. "Stop playing. Get to work."

"I can't wait to hear the update. Mark my words, you two will end up together."

"Bye Shawn."

The boy is nuts.

KAYLA'S POV

"Hey girls. Do you have homework?" I asked.

"We usually don't have homework on the weekends." Passion said.

"Mind if I see your planners?"

"Sure." Passion smiled. "Ro, come on let's get our backpacks."

"Can I leave my food? I'm not finished." Royalty asked.

"Yes you can. You can still have your after school food, I just want to be sure that you all don't have homework."

"Okay." Royalty said.

I rubbed on the family dog named Daisy while I patiently waited.

"Here is my planner." Royalty smiled.

I began to scan. "Well you don't have homework, but you do have to read for 30 minutes tonight. We can get that over with when you finish eating."

"Okay."

"Here's mine." Passion said.

I noticed there was a note addressed to Jason.

"What's this?"

She exhaled. "I got in trouble today. The teacher wrote my dad a note. A kid was picking on me and I said some mean things to him."

"What did the kid say?" I asked.

"Just said that's why you don't have a mommy." Passion sighed. "I was angry. Not at the kid, but at my mom. She never shows up. The kids have only seen my dad. I took my anger out on him."

"Should I read this letter?"

"You can."

To the parents/guardians of Passion Wheeler,

I wanted to talk to you about Passion Wheeler's behavior. Here lately, we have noticed that she has become more defiant. She is making the grades, but her attitude is something I would like for you to talk over with her. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Thank you,
Mrs. Gateway

"I understand you are frustrated, but you can't show your attitude in school like that. I know we don't know each other yet, however, I want you to know that I am here for you. I can write down my number and you can call anytime. You don't have to be upset alone. Give me a hug."

We shared a hug.

There are a lot of underlying issues going on, hopefully I can be a great asset to this family.

☀️