20.

I called Jason last night and told him that I would be unavailable this weekend. In which I am. I drove to my mom's house due to missing her, and just needing someone to talk too.

"Chile, you are eating like you're starving." Mom said. "I know you know how to cook, so what's really going on?"

"You know I love being your taste tester." I laughed.

"I do know that. So how's the nanny gig going?" Mom asked.

"It's actually going really good. Passion and Royalty are amazing. Jason is pretty cool as well. I'm also helping at the gym as a receptionist for Jason. So all is well."

"You know you don't have to work right? You are well off. Your father left the both of us a lot of money."

"I know that ma. But I love to still add money into my account." I whined.

"I understand, you are definitely my daughter. So what's wrong? I know my daughter."

"Well. Jason... I don't know. He's going through a divorce and I honestly find myself thinking about him, quite often. More than I should if I'm just being honest. I can see myself being a family with him as well as the girls. His wife is divorcing him. I personally think she has someone else. Jason said he thinks she's pregnant by another man. I don't mix business with pleasure, but mom, I want him so bad. You know it's been a long time since I've been in a relationship. I just, I don't know what to do."

"Whew chile. That's a lot to unpack." Mom said. "Bring him to me. Let me meet him."

"What? No." I laughed. "That was not the point of me telling you about him."

"You don't trust me?" Ma asked.

"It's not that, I just feel like this is a setup." I laughed.

"That means you don't trust me. Bring him to me."

"I'll see when he can make some time in the schedule. He's only been with his wife, which makes everything a lot harder than what I am used to. Dealing with his emotions and his mental is rather hard at times. Plus raising his daughters and he's tending to his own business."

"Sounds to me like you are naming all the reasons as to why you shouldn't invite him over here. Look, I know he is having a hard time, trust me I get it, but the only way to fully heal is to talk about it with someone that you don't know. Well that, and I know he will only talk if he is absolutely ready to talk."

"I don't know mom. I don't think I am ready for you to meet him yet." I laughed.

"Of course you're not ready. That's because you don't trust me getting to know someone that you are interested in. But I do understand, I know when then time is right, I will be able to meet him."

I just sat in silence.

Mom quickly grabbed my unlocked phone and found Jason's number.

I laughed. "Are you my mother or my childish sister?"

"Your childish mother. Now hush." She laughed.

Mom placed a FaceTime call to Jason.

He answered. "Uh, hello. Is everything okay with Kayla?" He asked in a concerned matter. I think it threw him off that my mom was on my screen instead of myself.

"Well hello. Yes everything is all good, are you Jason?" Mom asked with a smile.

"Yes ma'am, I am. How are you?"

"You don't have to call me ma'am. My name is Jackie or you can call me mom. Whichever you feel comfortable with."

"I appreciate that."