21.

"Dad, last night was fun at Mama J's house. Can we go back?" Royalty asked.

"She's funny." Passion smiled.

"I enjoyed going there as well. But daddy has to handle some important adult stuff before you all can start going over there all the time."

"Sooooo what are we doing today?" Passion asked.

"You two are going to Kayla's house. She is going to watch you all for me. I have to handle something with your mom."

Passion laughed. "Kayla is our mom."

"Passion don't start. Not today. Adayomi is your mother whether you like it or not. She is your mother. She is to be respected."

"I'm not respecting no grown woman that picks and chooses when to love me. Dad, I'm old enough to understand what's going on here. I don't want any parts of the woman that brought me into this world. If she wanted us, she would be here. Clearly she's never here. I can't think of a moment when she has been here. She is lying to you and to us. If she is asking for respect, she won't get it from me. I'm going outside. I'm done talking about her. Come on Ro. Daddy needs a moment."

I placed both hands on the counter.

Confused.

Hurt.

Passion is the oldest and well spoken. However, I wasn't expecting to be told off like that.

Everything she said was valid.

I've always taught my daughters it's okay to have an opinion. I never would have imagined that they would have an opinion against me.

I looked at the time realizing I needed to drop the girls off. Kayla insisted that they come to her house, instead of being here. She still isn't comfortable coming back over here. I respect that. I hurt her in the area, and I will do all that I can to gain her trust and respect back.

*Meeting With Adayomi*

I sat down at the outside table waiting for Adayomi to arrive. She told me the reservations but per usual she's late. Truthfully, I'm glad she's late. This is giving me time to prepare for what I need to say to her.

Kayla and I have talked and as funny as it may sound, she has coached me on what to say to Yomi, no matter what is thrown at me.

"Hey sorry I'm late. Traffic was horrible." She smiled.

I stood up to cordially hug her out of respect. "All is well. Glad you made it safely." I smiled.

Almost instantly the waiter came to the table to take our orders.

"You look amazing." I smiled as I complimented how beautifully Adayomi was glowing.

"Thank you. You look nice as well." She smiled. "But ummm, I'm here for our talk."

"Right. Where do we begin?"

"Are you 100% sure that you want the divorce?" She asked.

"Yes I'm sure. We don't even live a married life. You're not helping with the girls. I'm doing everything by myself. I can't keep doing this." I answered.

"I respect that. It's just...I don't know how to tell you.."

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"Jason, I'm pregnant...uh...by you."

"We just had sex. There's no way." I laughed.

"I'm pregnant by you. That's my final answer. So the divorce will have to be postponed." She smiled as she gently massaged my hands.

"Are you playing some type of mind game right now? We just had sex. There's no way you are pregnant by me. Absolutely no way. Look, you are fuckin someone else. I'm not dumb. You are trying to pin the baby on me just so that you can keep tabs on me. You are on some weird shit bro. Weird shit. I can't do this." I placed both hands on my head. "You are doing way too much."

"You're in denial that I'm pregnant with your child." She smiled. "Just face it. We are about to have another baby. I would think that you would make you happy."

"Why would I be happy when we aren't together? When is the last time we were actually happy together?" I shook my head. "Idc what you do with the food, but I'm out of here. Bill on you." I said as I stood up and walked out.

☀️