24

Trent was currently unpacking soem of the things in his suitcase so they could be washed before he went home. The last night in America was spent out bar hopping with Kai, so they got hella drunk and only just made their plane that morning. Kai was fully unpacking his suitcase as he didn't need to travel home as he was already home. Every item of clothing he got out, Trent checked before putting it in the pile for washing as he didn't want to leave anything in the pockets.

Strangely, the pants that Trent wore the night before were near the bottom of the suitcase, but he took them out and checked all the pockets. There was a piece of paper crumpled up in the back pocket of the jeans, and Trent unscrunched so he could see what it was as he didn't remember putting any paper in his pocket. He took one look at the paper, and his mouth just dropped open.

"Erm, darling, you might want to come and look at this," Trent said.

"Sure,  what is it?" Kai asked as he came over to see what his partner was looking at, "Oh shit, this is bad, very bad, but also very good depending on which way you look at it."

"Yep, what the hell are we gonna do, Kai?"

"I don't know, no one really knows that we're together, and then this happens."

"Well,  I don't want to get a divorce because I love you so much, Kai."

"I love you too, Trent, and I don't want a divorce either."

The crumpled up piece of paper that Trent had taken out of his pocket was a marriage certificate. Somehow in the midst of getting drunk the previous night, they had managed to get married. Both of them had gold wedding bands on their fingers, and due to how tired they were, neither of them had noticed until Trent realised that they were married.

As they were still processing the news, the doorbell rang, and Kai went to answer it.

"Chris, how was the international break?"

"It was pretty good thanks Kai, how was your holiday?" Replied the voice of Christian Pulisic.

"Erm, why don't you come in, I'll get Trent."

"Sure."

Chris went and took a seat on the couch, and Kai came down with Trent a couple of moments later.

"So guys, how was your holiday?" Chris asked.

"We're married!" Trent blurted out.

"WHAT!!!" Chris exclaimed loudly, "Why wasn't I invited?"

"We didn't realise until a couple of minutes ago when we found our marriage certificate," Kai expanded.

"And it wasn't planned. We were drunk," Trent added.

"Well, you two are gonna be in a lot of shit when people find out,  I mean, most people don't even know about you being together."

"Gee, I didn't realise that, Chris," replied Trent sarcastically.

They all laughed, and the tension that was previously there when Trent realised that he was married disappeared. Most of it was now worrying about what people were going to say when they found out.

"I'm going to have to tell Robbo when I get back to Liverpool. Then we can see what we do after that."

"Yeah, we'll just have to try and keep it quiet until we figure out what we are going to do," said Kai.

"Now, fancy a game of FIFA, Chris?"

Before Kai could warn Chris how good Trent was at FIFA, Chris had already agreed to play. They all had a cracking time, but soon, it was time for Trent to set off back to Liverpool. Before that happened, though, Kai got a chain out for Trent to keep his wedding ring on so he would always have it with him, and Kai put one on for himself. Chris gave his congratulations to them and promised that he would keep it quiet for as long as necessary, then Trent was off back to Liverpool with a goodbye kiss from Kai.

A/n: So SURPRISE!!!! Please don't kill me for allowing them to be married this early 🥺. Anyway, they still need to tell some of their friends so who do you think should be told? I already have some people in mind but I also want your guys' input as well.